Hello, I'm honored to be a part of this distinguished companies owners forum.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomarc1

Reaction score
I previously owned the ML Vista but had to sell it because the room was too small. I just had a great opportunity to purchase the ML Source.

I have a few questions for the membership:

1. Is there a formula or process for determining the "rake" or angle of the Source? Is it based on your seated distance from the speaker?
2. Does anyone utilize a subwoofer with the Source? I am using a ML Depth.

Thank you.

Audiomarc1

Marc,

Strongly recommend you try 90 degrees. Make sure the panels are exactly the same. That would also include toe in and distance from back wall.

Oh yes. Let your ears decided what's best.

Good luck.

GG

Strongly recommend you try 90 degrees.

Gordon,
Please elaborate on your recommendation of 90-degrees. The original poster asked for recommendation with regards to rake angle of the ML Source. Basic geometry recollection from my old fading memory says that 90 degree rake angle will result in the ML Source facing the ceiling or the floor. Neither is optimal for a listener sitting in front of the speakers.

Spike

90 degree's is the default or "straight up" rake not the angled back rake. The Source has only two options, 90 degrees or one other angle (I'm not counting the fine adjustments via the spikes). It's _| or _\. I leave mine at 90 degrees.

0 or 180 degrees would be facing the ceiling or floor. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks

90 degree's is the default or "straight up" rake not the angled back rake. The Source has only two options, 90 degrees or one other angle (I'm not counting the fine adjustments via the spikes). It's _| or _\. I leave mine at 90 degrees.

0 or 180 degrees would be facing the ceiling or floor. ;)

Thanks for the clarification! Much appreciated.

Spike

Latest posts

Back