Pink Floyd / Dark Side of the Moon

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Dark Side of the Moon Info on the DVD

I enjoyed the dvd of "Pink Floyd: The Dark Side Of The Moon" because of the "how was done" information.

Note: tape loops have been around a long time. I made a punch tape loop on an early mainframe computer terminal (1967 or so) of the carriage return "ding". You all do remember saving your "basic" computer programs to paper punch rolls...all the nerds in high school had them. Far better than the punch cards.

Anyway, it is an extremely well done documentary of a revolutionary record. Amazing how the lyrics are still "current". Lots of great video clips, new and old.

If you haven't seen it and enjoy Pink Floyd you should check it out.

DSOTM in DVDA

I would add that if you enjoy DSOTM in SACD surround sound, then you should google DSOTM DVDA and download a copy of the original DSOTM in 4.1 Surround Sound in DVDA. It looks and sounds like it was made from the original masters by I believe Alan Parsons. Anyway, some like it better than DSOTM SACD surround. Regardless if you are a PF fan it is well worth the 8hr download times.

Ok - Amused to Death is definitely worth exploring, recorded in Q sound and the sonics are amazing - and for all the ML enthusiast who have not done the DSOTM thing with The Wizard of Oz, you will not be disappointed, there must be 25-40 lyrical/visual coordinations in this silly, trippy coincidental conglemeration of old film and new (relatively speaking) music. Fascinating.

For sure, this is a great deal of fun for those that don't know or have not tried this before. Start the CD just after the 3RD roar of the MGM lion in the beginning of the movie and put the CD on repeat (or pause the movie and restart the CD when it ends). I would recommend watching it once through and look for anything that pops up; then go online and see what parts you where able to recognize. There are some scenes that are really obvious and others that need a little thought and quick eye.

Back