reputation of Stephen Sank of the Talking Dog Transducer company

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaphod

Reaction score
i'm looking at some CD transports that have been modified by Stephen Sank of the Talking Dog Transducer company and i'm wondering if anyone is familiar with his work.

Stephen refurbed a couple of Nakamichi tape decks for me a few years ago and did a marvelous job. He's one of the top Nak men in the country. I also just bought a CEC transport that the original owner had him replace the belts and spec it out before it came to me. It's by far the best transport that I have ever owned or heard. If that helps you at all?

in this case it's a couple of Meitner CDD transports (1990's vintage). THE man for meitner mods is John Wright, but i don't think that he touches the CDD's any more (parts are hard to get, fiddly to work on) so when i saw two of these transports come up for auction with mention of Stephen Sank mods i got curious.

I had Steve Sank review and evaluate my Kora Hermes DAC as well as Conrad Johnson PV-11 preamp, and allowed him to go completely through them, including replacing all or most of the electrolytics and film caps as suggested. The results were stunning. Heads above what it was before with increased musicality, 3D sound stage, warmth, and extension.

Steve has also repaired equipment for me that other electronics people with less skill have broken. He is one of those rare individuals that often knows as much or more than the developers of the original equipment. He can look at stereo equipment (solid state and tube) and spot deficiencies and recommend changes immediately.

He is not just a knowledgeable electronics repairer or modifier. He is a very gifted developer with deep insight into electronics, and a very honest and down to earth individual.

Back