Diana Krall - All for You

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist: Diana Krall
Title: All for You
Year of Release: 1996
Record Label: Impulse!
Genre: Jazz

Diana Krall dedicated this CD to the Nat King Cole Trio. I thought that was inspired, but what I was to soon find out was, that this entire CD was not only inspired, but absolutely great! Diana Krall is not only beautiful, but she is a superb jazz vocalist, but what most people don’t know is she is an excellent pianist too. I think, that is part of the reason that she admires Nat King Cole so much. They have very similar talents Vocals as well as Piano. The very flattering photos, shown this CD, show-off Diana Krall’s physical beauty in an amazing way, she is so beautiful.

I just love all of the songs on this CD, but if I had to narrow it down, my favorites are; “Gee Baby, Ain’t I Good to You”, “You Call It Madness”, “Firm Fram Sauce”, “I’m Thru With Love”, and “A Blossom Fell”.
Diana Krall has an outstanding group of guys backing her up; Russell Malone, guitar; Paul Keller, bass; Benny Green, piano on “If I had You”; and Steve Kroon percussion on “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”.

There is just something so relaxing about Diana Krall’s voice as she sings soooo sweetly, it is truly a wonderful delight listening to Diana Krall... My sister-in-law actually saw her perform in, San Francisco, at Golden Gate Park, a few years back. She said, “Diana Krall was simply phenomenal live”. I plan to see her perform live someday too.

This CD will send you to ‘Sonic Nirvana’ when played on ML speakers trust me here… :D I love Diana Krall, and I love, this CD, “All for You”…. I think you will too…:D

Cheers

-Robin

Attachments

• B000003N89.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B000003N89.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,158
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree

Hi everybody

Bought this record about 8 month ago. Robin's review just hits the point. This album is a very good value because of his high re-listening-factor......

Marcello

Relistening factor...

Marcello,

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, Diana Krall has a huge relistening factor... :D Her singing is musical candy to me, very sweet. Thank god we have her on CD, to enjoy her anytime we want... ;)

Cheers

-Robin

Diana Krall

Robin I also have and love all for you, but my favorite by a long shot has to be "Stepping Out". If you dont already have it, I reccomend owning it soon, its really amazing when paired with ML's.

Robin I also have and love all for you, but my favorite by a long shot has to be "Stepping Out". If you dont already have it, I reccomend owning it soon, its really amazing when paired with ML's.

I have a Test CD I've put together myself, with 16 state of the art tracks. On that CD, "Body and Soul" from Steppin'Out is track #15 :)

However, Diana's "The Look Of Love" is my fav Krall album.

I have a Test CD I've put together myself, with 16 state of the art tracks. On that CD, "Body and Soul" from Steppin'Out is track #15 :)

However, Diana's "The Look Of Love" is my fav Krall album.
Hi,
I'm just seeing this post now. I have all of her CD's and "The Look of Love" is also my favourite. In addition, I have two of her music DVDs...Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival, and the other, Live in Paris. If you like music DVDs, "...Paris" is awesome!

Artist: Diana Krall
Title: All for You
Year of Release: 1996
Record Label: Impulse!
Genre: Jazz

Diana Krall dedicated this CD to the Nat King Cole Trio. I thought that was inspired, but what I was to soon find out was, that this entire CD was not only inspired, but absolutely great! Diana Krall is not only beautiful, but she is a superb jazz vocalist, but what most people don’t know is she is an excellent pianist too. I think, that is part of the reason that she admires Nat King Cole so much. They have very similar talents Vocals as well as Piano. The very flattering photos, shown this CD, show-off Diana Krall’s physical beauty in an amazing way, she is so beautiful.

I just love all of the songs on this CD, but if I had to narrow it down, my favorites are; “Gee Baby, Ain’t I Good to You”, “You Call It Madness”, “Firm Fram Sauce”, “I’m Thru With Love”, and “A Blossom Fell”.
Diana Krall has an outstanding group of guys backing her up; Russell Malone, guitar; Paul Keller, bass; Benny Green, piano on “If I had You”; and Steve Kroon percussion on “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”.

There is just something so relaxing about Diana Krall’s voice as she sings soooo sweetly, it is truly a wonderful delight listening to Diana Krall... My sister-in-law actually saw her perform in, San Francisco, at Golden Gate Park, a few years back. She said, “Diana Krall was simply phenomenal live”. I plan to see her perform live someday too.

This CD will send you to ‘Sonic Nirvana’ when played on ML speakers trust me here… :D I love Diana Krall, and I love, this CD, “All for You”…. I think you will too…:D

Cheers

-Robin

Yes, this is a great cd. i`m looking forward to when she comes back here in New york.

Latest posts

Back