Munich Hi-End 2011 Hi-Fi Show

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest, of all TTs posted in this thread, which do you like best lookswise?
The Transrotor Z3 in gold :p

Actually, I'm with Adam on this one - the Clearaudio Statement. That, with a Koetsu, ARC electronics and a pair of CLX and I'd be all set.

It's not shown here, but I quite like the Walker Proscenium Gold.

The Transrotor Z3 in gold :p

Actually, I'm with Adam on this one - the Clearaudio Statement. That, with a Koetsu, ARC electronics and a pair of CLX and I'd be all set.

It's not shown here, but I quite like the Walker Proscenium Gold.

I'd be set too.

Actually, when I heard the Clearaudio Statement, the salesman was telling me that a guy recently bought one for use on his boat. The Statement - with its weighted levelling - was the only turntable suitable for use on a boat. So the guy bought one accordingly.

The money that some people have!

I'd be set too.

Actually, when I heard the Clearaudio Statement, the salesman was telling me that a guy recently bought one for use on his boat. The Statement - with its weighted levelling - was the only turntable suitable for use on a boat. So the guy bought one accordingly.

The money that some people have!

Hm - I wonder if that wasn't a mis-sell - that weight looks like it hasn't got much freedom of movement at all before it starts smashing against the frame...

Anyway, posting on my laptop as my main PC went down last Wednesday. Have deduced it is due to CPU failure on my 3 year old quad core Intel Q6600. Therefore, no more media has been posted.

On well. Been buying some bits - 60GB SSD to put Windows 7 on. To get a full 6GB/s (you won't I bet, in practice) you seem to need a Z68 chipset mobo. As this takes a 1155 socket CPU an Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz (Sandy Bridge) will be doing the housework. Nicely, with an up to date mobo, you get USB3 and ability to use 22000 MHz RAM. This new config should rock. Soundcard will remain the Asus Xonar Essense ST audiophile jobbie which I have been happy with driving my M&Ds.

Fave TT - I actually don't like any of the ones photo'd much... but in the flesh, the Clearaudio Statement does look amazing... so I'd take that money no object. It is a bit gross in its overstated way, though.

Last edited:
Hm - I wonder if that wasn't a mis-sell - that weight looks like it hasn't got much freedom of movement at all before it starts smashing against the frame...

Possibly not. Have you ever used one? The top (platter) actually moves quite a lot - even just placing an LP on the platter. It's quite a juxtaposition seeing something so large and sbustantial move so freely with such little effort.

Amazing sound all the same.

Possibly not. Have you ever used one? The top (platter) actually moves quite a lot - even just placing an LP on the platter. It's quite a juxtaposition seeing something so large and sbustantial move so freely with such little effort.

Amazing sound all the same.

No but I do remember you using one during a CLX demo - or has my memory failed me?

I suppose there is calm sea and rough sea. Difficult to see any TT working in extreme conditions.

Oh - I missed a TT - my fave looks wise is definately the Clearaudio Innovation. I have even toyed with the idea of buying one. A real looker in the flesh. I have never been bowled over by its sound at shows, though. That doesn't mean it isn't good - I'd need a session in my own system to be sure.

No but I do remember you using one during a CLX demo - or has my memory failed me?

Yep, that's right - I used one for the CLX demo. That was the first and most recent time I've heard one.

Hopefully there will also be a time in the future, with the place being my listening room........but who knows?

German TT for a Michell? Maybe... if it is nice.

Here's the Innovation - albeit with a white platter. The black one they had there, which looks better I think, didn't come out well - not that this one did really. The white platter obviously goes with the MBL stuff...:D

Better late than never hey, Bernard?:)

Tum te tum - just realised this is in post #38:D

Attachments

• SDC12875-qpr.jpg
    SDC12875-qpr.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Here's a bit more Clearaudio...

Attachments

• SDC12885-qpr.jpg
    SDC12885-qpr.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 196
  • SDC12884-qpr.jpg
    SDC12884-qpr.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 202
  • SDC12886-qpr.jpg
    SDC12886-qpr.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 193
Talking of TTs - here's some Acoustic Signatures on display. Yes, yet more TTs. The Germans still make things, you see.

Attachments

• SDC13017-qpr.jpg
    SDC13017-qpr.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 190
  • SDC13016-qpr.jpg
    SDC13016-qpr.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 195
  • SDC13018-qpr.jpg
    SDC13018-qpr.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 224
A Quad II - now available in gun metal grey, by the looks of things.

Attachments

• SDC13072-qpr.jpg
    SDC13072-qpr.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 188
A really, really odd and bad photo of Tim De Paravicini's new DAC (third pic down - edit after posting due to the apparent random nature of picture ordering). The facia is actually all chrome. When I checked a while ago, it was so new it hadn't made the website. The wrong side of 4,000 Euros, I was told.

The room featured Rockport speakers. I really didn't like them much at all. I'd much rather have Tim's own speakers, which I really quite like.

I really wouldn't worry about the quality of any of Tim's stuff. It will all be excellent, including the new DAC.

Attachments

• SDC13081-qpr.jpg
    SDC13081-qpr.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 193
  • SDC13078-qpr.jpg
    SDC13078-qpr.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 186
  • SDC13087-qpr.jpg
    SDC13087-qpr.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 195
  • SDC13084-qpr.jpg
    SDC13084-qpr.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 188
  • SDC13085-qpr.jpg
    SDC13085-qpr.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
German TT for a Michell? Maybe... if it is nice.

Here's the Innovation - albeit with a white platter.

Is the white platter perspex/clear, or is that opaque white plastic? Don't think I'd like that.

I've always loved the Acoustic Signatures though - look only though - never had a serious enough listen to one.

User211 said:
Here's the Innovation - albeit with a white platter. The black one they had there, which looks better I think, didn't come out well - not that this one did really. The white platter obviously goes with the MBL stuff...:D

Better late than never hey, Bernard?:).
Yes, thanks Justin. Nice-looking table, despite the crappy white platter. I wonder if they also make it in gold! :p

I've never been able to afford German stuff, apart from my Thorens 160. Actually, they started in Switzerland.

BTW I have never cared for the styling of Tim de P's stuff.

Last edited:
Back