Martin Logan vs. Woman

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carton-logan

Reaction score
Do most women like the looks of the older Martin Logans, such as SL3, Request, Protegy, etc?

Last edited:
I don't know about women, as my wife is the only one to see them at home (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). They...um...She likes the Prodigy's and the CLS before that.

to be sure just check the book 'Understanding women"

Attachments

• book_understanding_women_01.jpg
    book_understanding_women_01.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 521
Got the choice between my first girl friend( she cried when she found them in the little apartment we shared) and my first CLS's still got the Logans haven't seen the girl 20 years, made the right choice!! My second wife loved my Statement E2's, and they took up some serious space!

No. My wife, mom, and related women all much prefer my summits to the ascents/aerius I had before.

In my experience most women dont like or want floor standing speakers, but when forced to make the choice 9 times out of 10 they will choose the MLs. Now those who actually want floor standing will listen to the speaker and decide, again leading to ML speakers most of the time.

If my wife has an opinion about the appearance of my MLs then she hasn't made it known, and nor would it be up for negotiation. I have my hobbies and she has hers. Everything else we do together. It's all part of a healthy relationship.

Only got the small Mosaics at the moment and my wife likes them, when we looked at my upgrade speaker at a dealer (vantage) her comment were "It doesn't really matter if I like them or not, you will buy them anyway". The thing is that she is right. :)

Like amey01 said, I got my hobbies and she got hers.

my wife has liked very few of the many speakers I have brought through here. Absolutely could not stand the magnepans. She likes the looks of the SL3

If my wife has an opinion about the appearance of my MLs then she hasn't made it known, and nor would it be up for negotiation. I have my hobbies and she has hers. Everything else we do together. It's all part of a healthy relationship.

Absolutely, Adam. That's exactly how a healthy relationship should function. My wife doesn't mind the look of my speakersso much; she is more irritated by the cost of my system(s). Hey, it's not my fault she doesn't have any expensive hobbies.

My judicial speaker placement (2-chan system in my office, and 7.1 in a dedicated HT room) has allowed a certain skirting of the entire WAF issue. Our other systems in the great room, family room, bedroom are quite conservative and nearly invisible. Having said that, my wife and other woman who have seen the MLs here past and present have expressed neither an orgasmic pleasure nor a deep seething hatred wrt aesthetics. The comment I get most often is "They look like something you'd find in MOMA"... and the critique basically stops there. These women are, without exception, floored by the sound... but not so polarized one way or the other by the looks... especially since they don't have to live with them in their daily living spaces.

My wife loved the looks of the Summit X's I had earlier.
Then by no apparent reason I sent her to a spa during the weekend..
And when she got back home, a pair of aluminum CLX 25th anniv had taken residence in our living room ;P

Back