Do you serve your music on a music server?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the premise that life is short, I felt that my time was better served by focusing on other things like ripping CDs to my music servers, a far more automated process, and resulting in sound that often was better than that coming from my transport. I also must confess that I find the ritual of record cleaning, stylus cleaning, and putting on the record weight and outer ring, still very satisfying, so I will probably listen to most of my vinyl in its native format.

I agree with this.

I gota say guys that this threads got me thinking that I need to go buy a digital music server and start downloading high res tracks

How do you like the quality of high res music using these squeezbox's internal dacs

I think I might go to the store and pick somthing up as a little easter treat

Rich,

The link comes up but nothing seems to work on it.

That's odd Bernard. I just clicked on it and it took me to the page and I started clicking on things and everything works fine. I'm using Safari.

That's odd Bernard. I just clicked on it and it took me to the page and I started clicking on things and everything works fine. I'm using Safari.
I just realized that it works on a Mac only. I'm using a PC.

You guys toss up big ole softballs and Rich knocks them out of the park.

Funny stuff

Squeezebox DAC

I gota say guys that this threads got me thinking that I need to go buy a digital music server and start downloading high res tracks

How do you like the quality of high res music using these squeezbox's internal dacs

I think I might go to the store and pick somthing up as a little easter treat

I have had 3 Squeezeboxes-Classic,Duet, and now Touch. While the internal DAC is adequate to give you a sense of the unit's performance, adding an external quality DAC will take you to the next level. The better the DAC, the better the Squeezebox will sing. It seems paradoxical that a $300 device should be mated to DACs will cost 3 times or more but it is a good investment and, of course, the DAC can be used for disc transports and other digital devices. If you use the Rhapsody service the Squeezebox/external DAC combo lets you hear new releases in good enough qulaity to let you know what the original would sound like. Kind of a sneak preview before making a buying decision. I use the Squeezebox mostly for internet radio since the available services give access to zillions of stations, many operating at 128 kbps and higher-most listenable frequencies.

Back