System #391 (Electromotion, Fresco, Dynamo)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vhgator

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Viet Ho

2. Location: Tampa, FL

3. ML Model(s): Electromotion (2011), Fresco (2005), Dynamo (2005)

4. Associated Electronics: Integra DTC 9.8, Rotel RMB-1075, PS3, Project Debut III record player

5. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: Recently upgraded my system by replacing some Mosaics with the Electromotion ESL. Thinking about upgrading my amp, but really don't know what I should shoot for. Wouldn't mind a new center either, maybe the Electromotion C2?

Attachments

• photo-11.jpg
    photo-11.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 4,676
Welcome aboard ! nice looking HT set up ! where is your tt hidden ??

Nice clean setup you have their. I'm in Tampa also. In fact there is a few here on this board that resides in Tampa. Sometime we gather at each other’s home to listen to our Martin Logans. We also belong to a local audiophile club called Suncoast Audiophile Society. Here is a link to the club.

www.suncoastaudiophilesociety.com

For now, its in cabinet while I try to convince my girlfriend it would look much better on the cabinet.

Welcome!

Once you convinced here and it's there, then you have to convince her NOT to clean it.....:D

Marco

Welcome to the Tampa ML contingent! Good looking setup! Are you using the Fresco as a center and/or surrounds?

How much of your listening is vinyl, vs. digital? Nice to see a budding audiophile embracing vinyl!

You'll have lots of fun tweaking (then eventually upgrading :D) your setup, especially if you hear some of our other local systems! I second the motion to check out our local audiophile group!

Shakham: No, not intentionally. Those lamps were there before the speakers and are required to stay.

Sleepysurf: Unfortunately, most of my collection is digital, but I'm slowly building up my vinyl collection. Whenever possible, I prefer to listen to vinyl. For now, the fresco is for the center channel, but I would like to try out the new EML-C2 when they become available.

I would love to hear some other member's system, although I'm concerned about the effect it may have on my wallet.

Welcome! Nice clean setup! There are always a few Sunfire multi-channel amps for sale on Audiogon and Ebay.

The best part about the ElectroMotion ESL Speakers is that they have a rated sensitivity of 91 db and a nominal impedance of 6 ohms which means that your Rotel mates well with them. If most of your listening is music than there are many other options.

Back