System #385 (Theater, Encore, Preface)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynesuffer

Reaction score
System #385 (Theater, Electromotion ESL, Script, Preface)

1. Member Name: Joshua Jacobs

2. Location: Fremont, ca, 94538, USA

3. ML Model(s):
Theater,Electromotion ESL, Script, Preface

4. Year Purchased: 2010-2011

5. Mods/Changes: N/A

6. Associated Electronics:
Onkyo 1007 reciever
Emotiva XPA-5 Amp
Epik Empires, 2 stacked

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
I started with the encors and advanced the fronts to prefaces. A few days ago I purchased the theater center and couldn't be more pleased with the difference. If you have any suggestions to improve my setup even more it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Update 3/29/11 I just got the New Electromotion ESL and man am I impressed, these thing are just unbelieveable for the price of $2000 bucks but there are draw backs. You cant bi amp and you cant use spade connectors which I love using...for now though I have hooked them up and only heard a few songs but from what I heard I can tell that the sweet spot is much bigger than the sources being that the new ESL has the Xstat panel and also it is 34 inches vs 28 inches on the source or puritys. Now my only other concern was the height as it's only one inch bigger than the sources which when I stood up there was a very big downgrade to the sound. This is not the case with these speakers. I will have pics of them up tomorrow and thanks for looking.

P.S. I am going to put this update into the Electromotion thread so more people can chime in :) .

Update: I have now put 2 more of the Electromotion ESL in the wide fronts replace the prefaces and putting the prefaces in the rear back. Its really unbelieveable how these speakers sound, I just couldn't help myself. Now I still plan on replacing the side rear encores with scripts and if we move into a bigger house with more room to work with then I will be purchasing the spires or the summits. Guess we will see how it goes but for right now I could not be happier.

4/14/11 another update: It about time, all 9 of my channels that used to be encores have been upgraded the center with a Theater, the 4 fronts with Electromotion Esl, the rear surround with Prefaces and finally the side surrounds with scripts. I will have pictures up later. :)

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 710
  • hhmbh.jpg
    hhmbh.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 615
  • bhg.jpg
    bhg.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 597
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 626
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,068
Last edited:
Anytime I come on here when I've had a question I always see you Tom and I cant believe I never noticed that we are neighbors.

Thank you very much for the quick response and the welcome.
I'm very happy to be here.

Hey everyone I got a pair of scripts awhile ago and have been meaning to put up some pictures but I've been really busy with my wedding in about 6 weeks. I will try to get them up soon, sorry for the delay.

Josh

Back