New TV1 I finally step into the 21st centrury!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eknuds01

Reaction score
For the last three years I had no reason to buy a nice TV since my roommates all had large flatscreen units. Alas, last October my roommate took a job in San Diego and the TV was sold.

So for the last 6 months, or so, I didn't have any TV aside from a 13" tv/vcr combo in the bedroom.

The Masters is right around the corner and one thing I absolutely love is golf in high definition. So I wanted the TV in time for that event. It won't be in my house until Monday, and I can post a few pictures when it's all hooked up.

I bought a 50" plasma

I decided to go with plasma because of the nice off-axis viewing and I prefer plasmas in normally lit (or slightly darker) rooms.

This is my first big A/V purchase in quite some time, so I figured I share the news!!

Erik

Agreed, Dave. What about the DVD audio stuff? At times I like to pop in a recorded concert - Clapton and Friends is one of my favorites!

Erik

I got a 50" plasma recently too... I too prefer the gently glowing phospors to the rather garish CFL/LED backlight.

The TV plays through the reQuests, and when watching "live" and the commercials come on, I switch the DAC to music.

The odd thing is that I end up watching the commercials now! :mad:

Last edited:
Back