Hello from Friendswood, TX - Need help fixing an issue with Purity

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HowardRoark

Reaction score
Hi ML fans:
I just set up my following system yesterday, but notice some strange things. I am hoping someone here has some suggestions.
L&R - ML Purity
Center - ML Matinee
Surrounds - ML Motion 4
Receiver - Onkyo TX-NR3008

My Left & Right Purity speakers work fine in Pure Audio mode. But when I switch to another listening mode on my receiver, my right Purity status light starts flashing red and has very faint sound. I have connected Receiver pre-outs to Purity and am using Line Input, instead of speaker terminals. Has anyone seen this issue before?
Thanks in advance,
Ben

snip... starts flashing red and has very faint sound. I have connected Receiver pre-outs to Purity and am using Line Input, instead of speaker terminals.
Flashing red means the speaker has gone into protection. The speaker itself is good. Evident that it plays fine when you're in pure audio mode on your receiver. The issue is what happens when you change listening modes. Did you setup your system using Audssey or is this just plug and play out of the box?

If the right speaker is being over driven, it will go into protection. This woud occur if the output to that side is to high. Go into speaker setup and look at how the front speakers are set. Check the dB level and see how it compares to the left side.

Thanks, Wardsweb!

@Wardsweb: I did notice that for some reason Sub was not recognized first time when I did Audessey set up. I re-ran it and also reduced the Right speaker db level, and it started working fine in all modes. Many thanks, much appreciated !!!
@TheZephyr: Havent spoken to Domique in years :) She became a puppet of her corporate masters and I just couldnt put up with it :))

Purity speaker goes in Protected (Flashing Red) mode - Again

Hi Folks:

I thought I had resolved this issue, but it came back again.

When playing either SAT/TV mode or Internet Radio mode from my receiver, my Front Right ML Purity, simply goes from Active (steady blue light) to Protected (Flashing Red) mode. Not sure what would be causing it.

How do I go about troubleshooting this issue? Thanks.

Ben

Problem Resolved - Purity Power Supply Board replaced

Hi:
Just wanted to document the solution to the issue I was facing, for benefit of other users who may have same issue.

I contacted Melodie from ML Support and she diagnosed the issue to Power Supply Board on the Purity. She sent me a replacement board and I replaced the board with new one. For now, I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

Great support from ML and thanks to Melodie from ML for her wonderful help !!

Ben

I'm glad you got it figured out and are back enjoying your speakers, because listening is what this is all about.

Back