Local get together...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
Last night, sb6, sebrof2000 and I had a music listening and general get together at my house. I think we all had a good time and it was a lot of fun listening to a lot of different types of music. It had been a while since I had visited with either Steve or Mike and it was the first time they had met. They're both great guys and have a genuine love for music. Hey, mix together a few guys from the Martin Logan Club, a few libations and snacks and music and you've got a good time.:D

Last night, sb6, sebrof2000 and I had a music listening and general get together at my house. I think we all had a good time and it was a lot of fun listening to a lot of different types of music. It had been a while since I had visited with either Steve or Mike and it was the first time they had met. They're both great guys and have a genuine love for music. Hey, mix together a few guys from the Martin Logan Club, a few libations and snacks and music and you've got a good time.:D

I had a great time, Steve.
Your system sounded fantastic. The thing about it that impressed me as much as anything else is that it sounded great no matter what we threw at it, and we threw a lot. From Holly Cole to Pink Floyd, Tom Waits to Miles Davis, and literally dozens of other artists it all just sounded right.
Thanks much for having us over. I'm sure I'll get a chance to return the favor, hopefully soon.

Thanks Mike! Yeah, I'm really happy with it right now. I'm thinking of a few more acoustic treatments, to see if the sound improves any. I'd like to get a nice amp and preamp, but in all honesty, I love the Jolida and I'm going to take my time on the amp and preamp purchase. Next month we meet at Steve's house to check out his ML's (the big brother to my Aerius - ought to sound great!) and I guess we'll be visiting you in April.:D I'm really looking forward to hearing the Zu's. Hopefully, by then we'll have some more people interested in audio to join us on a monthly basis. See you in March. - Steve

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for my late post, but I agree, Steve's system sounds fantastic!

Here's my official review (not that I'm Julian Hirsch! :eek: )

First time hearing the Jolida tube amp and and the new Wilson Watt Puppies. What stood out most to me was:

- Wide sound stage, much more than I would have expected from unidirectional speakers. Plus, the sweet spot was pretty darn big and deep. I was able to sit next to the "sweet spot" chair and stand behind it and still heard excellent symmetry, balance and accuracy. Go figure.. just goes to show how much more there for me to learn...
- Beautiful clear, crisp balanced mids and highs. Never over exaggerated, just nice.....
- Exemplary dynamic range. Incredible when fed the right song how they can "jump" at you when the song demands it, and will jump even louder when needed. Really makes the experience more life like.

And my favorite part of the WWs:
- Excellent bass! I recently purchased an ML Grotto to augment my Sl3s, which it does. But I can't come close to the detail, volume and warmth of those bass cabinets! That's the bass I want :D I bet Wilson could make a fortune selling the bass subs separately if they'd break apart the set....

Thanks Steve for a fun evening!

I'm up next - It's been crazy with family stuff + kids activities throughout the weekends. The best next date for me is April 1st. Would love it if you guys can come over (and any other audiophiles) around 6:30PM. Call for address/directions. Happy listening!:music:
cell:512-406-1491

Thanks Steve! I'm looking forward to April 1st! Any of you other Central Texas area members want to join us? It sure would be nice to get a local monthly audio thing going.

Cool, Mike. Call me for directions. I'm in the same development about 1/4 mile from his house. Call for directions.

406-1491

Its really nice you guys pulled it together and had a get-together. Kudos for making the most of your opportunities.

Back