Blue LEDs on ReQuest Speakers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford Lindstrom

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forum.

I have owned a pair of Martin Logan ReQuest speakers which I bought new. My wife and I love these speakers!!

I am in the process of upgrading (not replacing) my existing stereo equipment for use in a new home I am currently building.

I have changed the Red LEDs in my Carver amps and preamps to Blue LEDs with the help of good people on the Carver forum. Many members have made this change to their equipment. The look is now updated and my Carver equipment looks like it could have been manufactured yesterday. My first major tweak of stereo gear. In my opinion, the look of the red LEDs on the Martin Logans is also dated in the same way the Carver equipment was before the change.

I am looking to do the same change on my ReQuests. I noticed a thread on this forum for changing the red LEDs to blue on the Martin Logan SL3 speakers.

I have called Martin Logan to see if they offer the same LED kit for the ReQuest speakers, they could not offer me any help on this.

I am wondering if anyone has made this same change on their ReQuests? What LEDs did you use? Did you have to change out the current limiting resistor driving the LED? If so what value did you use?

In addition to changing out the LED, I had to change out the current limiting resistor on my Carver preamps to make the blue LED light, as it operates at a different (higher) voltage than the red LED. The Carver amps did not require the resistor change. It took a couple of trys of different resistor values to find the right value to match the brightness of the LEDs on the preamps to those on the amps.

If no one can offer any advice on this, I am wondering if anyone has the wiring diagram for the electronics on the ReQuest? I would like to positively identify the current limiting resistor so I may measure the voltage before the resistor to determine the value of a new resistor to drive the Blue LEDs I have left over from my Carver projects.

I want to make sure that I do this correctly, as I am still fairly new to the world of these sort of tweaks.

I know that this is a very trival cosmetic change, but any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't think that this will work with at least my Requests as the lens color of the LEDs is Red and not clear.

It is the clear ones that can have two colors depending on the polarity of the wiring.

I believe that my ReQuests were built way before Blue became a generally available LED color.

Thanks for the reply.

I am glad to be a part of the forum.

Back