Surround choice - clarity or aerius i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcolesrq

Reaction score
As i said in my introduction, I am new to ML. I just acquired a pair of SL3's.

I was going to wait on adding ML surrounds but I am having second thoughts about waiting - i miss the surrounds for movies.

There are some locally - the clarity and a pair of aerius i - any thoughts/suggestions as to which way to go. I like the aerius because they match the sl3 in style and are from the same generation. Is there much sonic difference.

The scripts are tempting, but i don't know if i want to wait for a pair to show up.

I understand the electromotion will have wall mounted option.

Another option is to wait on the surrounds and replace the panels on the sl3 , since they are about 14 years old.

thoughts/suggestions

thanks

gary

As i said in my introduction, I am new to ML. I just acquired a pair of SL3's.

I was going to wait on adding ML surrounds but I am having second thoughts about waiting - i miss the surrounds for movies.

There are some locally - the clarity and a pair of aerius i - any thoughts/suggestions as to which way to go. I like the aerius because they match the sl3 in style and are from the same generation. Is there much sonic difference.

The scripts are tempting, but i don't know if i want to wait for a pair to show up.

I understand the electromotion will have wall mounted option.

Another option is to wait on the surrounds and replace the panels on the sl3 , since they are about 14 years old.

thoughts/suggestions

thanks

gary

Hola Gary...there is a tweeter firing back at the Clarities, and for rears, that would be my choice. Also the Aerius i are a very nice set to have for rears too. Try to listen both. Check that both panels are working well, as you know, all surface of the panel should sing. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Back