The Unmoderated Classical Music Recommended Recordings Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not listened to the Bruch for decades.... Used to really enjoy it. Any particular recording to recommend, Bernard? I will seek it out on 44.1 steaming.

I enjoyed Nigel Kennedy/Simon Rattle Sibelius Violin Concerto on vinyl last night....

I have not listened to the Bruch for decades.... Used to really enjoy it. Any particular recording to recommend, Bernard? I will seek it out on 44.1 steaming.

I enjoyed Nigel Kennedy/Simon Rattle Sibelius Violin Concerto on vinyl last night....

Myles Astor of Positive feedback replied to my thread on another forum - "If you think the Decca reissue sounds good, you should hear the original SXL release or the TP 15 ips R2R release. I think though The RCA Heifitz release has the Bruch beat on performance and is as good sonically."

To which Joe, one of the guys from the WE team, replied

"After hearing that Oistrakh SXL 5 million times at shows over the years, I pretty much prefer it to the Heifetz. Unforuntatly, only the rare original offers up the best sound. The Callas we played was British Columbia 1st pressing material. Here again the reissues just don't achieve the same excitement, but I bought the HD Tracks FLACs of the recent Warner remasterings and they are a reasonable second place (better than the CDs)."

The only one with which I'm familiar is the Arthur Grumiaux/Bernard Haitink recording.

Booked for Jul 21, Bruch Violin Concerto with Royal Philharmonic

Back