What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20230826-195947_LUMIN.jpg

Picked this up at Goodwill today. In great condition. Wonderful recording and such a beautiful voice.
20230923_180523.jpg

Today I received my long-awaited copy of Aja, 45 RPM on 200-gram clear vinyl from Analog Productions via Acoustic Sounds. It absolutely blew me away; the soundstage was wider than the room, the instruments and vocals sounded three-dimensional and alive. At the beginning of the month, I downloaded the 24/192 version from HD Tracks, and I can report that it doesn't hold a candle to the UHQR vinyl. The digital version, by comparison, is less three-dimensional and the soundstage is narrower. It also requires more pre-amp gain than any other digital recording I own or stream. I tried enabling a convolution filter in Roon that I built using Acourate; it added some dimensionality but still failed to approach the vinyl copy. BTW my analog playback system is an LP-12 with an Ekos SE Arm and a Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, while the digital side uses Roon through a Bartok DAC. I'm planning to do the Apex upgrade on the DAC early next year, which should make the comparison even more interesting. Bottom line: if you like vinyl, buy this recording now - they're only pressing 1000.

Someone posted a question as to recommendations for You Tube channels...

I really enjoy Blues and have found that searching on the keyword "blues" provides a tremendous number of channels/compilations having various themes many of which have hours of tracks.

Another fave is Justin Johnson who plays a variety of blues...and actually builds his own instruments from unusual items, e.g., cigar box, shovel, etc.

Enjoy!

I do love me some Tears For Fears. Prior to being banned from Facebook I was in a Curt Smith group. :)

Latest posts

Back