What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the contrary, this stuffy thread has benefitted immensely from those virtual soft tropical breezes and high-octane fruit drinks :D

Or maybe I'm just feeling edgy because my system is out-of-commission pending a rebuild.

On the contrary, this stuffy thread has benefitted immensely from those virtual soft tropical breezes and high-octane fruit drinks :D

Or maybe I'm just feeling edgy because my system is out-of-commission pending a rebuild.

Are you trying to keep the peace? I want a fight, fight, fight!!!:rocker:

Rebuild the CLX's already? Wow...:eek: .... :D

On the rebuild, the CLXs are as superior-to-apogees as ever ;) I'm rebuilding the upstream a bit.

It's insecurity creeping in, so public self-justification is required, obviously.:)

Somebody made the point this morning on another forum that he thought that was what online forum's were for. Hence he hardly ever posted.:D

It's insecurity creeping in, so public self-justification is required, obviously.:)

Somebody made the point this morning on another forum that he thought that was what online forum's were for. Hence he hardly ever posted.:D

In that case, I'm enjoying my and everyone else's insecurities immensely :)

BTW, I just bought a pair of these amps (waiting on delivery)... whadyathink? They are reviewed as having found an elegant balance between tube sweetness and SS authority/extension.

Is sharing this with you an admission of insecurity?... who the f&%* cares? ;)

BTW, I just bought a pair of these amps (waiting on delivery)... whadyathink? They are reviewed as having found an elegant balance between tube sweetness and SS authority/extension.

Plenty of power. I like Modwright stuff, but have never heard that beastie. As far as extension is concerned, that's the domain of your Descents.

Be interested to see what you think when it turns up. I am expecting a new thread to cover/justify it. It should, of course, span a few months... and contain plenty of self-affirming posts confirming your excellent selection.

Personally, I am predicting it will be excellent already.;):rocker::rocker::rocker:

Personally, I am predicting it will be excellent already.;):rocker::rocker::rocker:

Maybe maybe not... right? I don't shy away from rejecting components if they don't hit the mark after a reasonable amount of listening time. I have the illness bad... I want the noisefloor to be not unlike the sound you would hear in deep space. Basically, the speaker has to sound like it's completely off and unplugged with my ear one inch away from the panel. Anything detectable at all is too much. I chose the MW because I think it's capable of hitting this metric. If not, back it goes and on to the next.

However, I will boast hugely about my amp choosing prowess for at least the few first weeks until I've convinced myself that the rhetoric is at least somewhat based in fact. ;)

Anyway... sorry for the thread diversion. Now back to what I'm listening to right now... which is nothing.

However, I will boast hugely about my amp choosing prowess for at least the few first weeks until I've convinced myself that the rhetoric is at least somewhat based in fact. ;)

Cross posts and you've answered the question I raised in the HDMI type thread.

Anyway, the quoted appears to be the only sensible thing to do.;) And I, at the moment, am currently listening to the wife telling me I have left the kitchen in a mess!

Today, I listened to two great 45rpm albums.

Genre: Jazz
First up was "Hope", by Hugh Masekela. This is an extremely dynamic album and will test your system. Very well recorded, this album has been used by many people to demonstrate the capabilities of their systems.
1190474007_q2pKt-O.jpg

Genre: Jazz
Next up was "Page One", by Joe Henderson. Joe was a great saxophonist and this was his first album as a leader. Another great recording by Rudi Van Gelder.
1190471555_4FAGi-M.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics Adam, reminds me how badly I need a vacation, been almost a year since my last one. Just thankful to still be employed, this recession seems to have no end.

Right now
Ani Difranco ~ Dilate
One of my favorite albums from the 90's
Great lyricist, some very emotional tracks on this album

Genre: Rock et al.

Beth Hart - Leave the Light On

Frikkin' great album - powerful and of broad scope.

Attachments

• bh.jpg
    bh.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 243
I can not stop spinning this one....

Genre: Rock&Roll

Neil Young - Dreamin' Man Live '92

510Xh4IcmlL._SS400_.jpg

Just listened to "Townes", by Steve Earle from the New West double vinyl release. As an unabashed Townes Van Zandt fan, any time I can listen to his music, even if performed by someone else, is time well spent. Steve Earle is also a Townes "groupie" and handled these songs with great respect. The sound quality is very good and so is the pressing.
Genre: Americana story telling.
1194256404_gUCwj-O.jpg

Genre: Indie/Alternative

If you like Nevermind by Nirvana, it might be worth checking this out. Or if you are an angst ridden teenager with a hang up on a girl, this is the medicine you definately need to make you "fall further".:D

51LvaMK%2BUmL._SL600_.jpg

Thorens 125th Anniversary LP

Genre: See blurb below.

I was listening yesterday to the sampler LPs that were assembled for Thorens' 125th Anniversary. Really good performances, but I don't like all of it. 180gm vinyl that has really silent surfaces. Here's the blurb from the Acoustic Sounds site:

"Thorens celebrates 125 years of business with the finest LP sampler ever assembled. The music was handpicked by Acoustic Sounds CEO Chad Kassem and the classical side by the team at Reference Recordings. Every song meets the criteria of excellent performance, perfect recording and flawless mastering. What better way to celebrate such a monumental anniversary for one of the absolute leading brands in analog high fidelity than with this to-die-for LP sampler? Contains most genres of music - blues, jazz, classical, R&B and female vocal. From now on, you'll only need to carry one demo record around with you."

Attachments

• Thorens.jpg
    Thorens.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 192
Genre: Altenative Country
A.M. was Wilco's first album after the breakup of Uncle Tupelo. Uncle Tupelo was the same band, but had Jay Farrar as a co-singer. At the same time as Wilco was formed, Jay formed the group Son Volt. For some reason, I like to listen to this album in the morning.

1203677745_DDk6X-O.gif

Back