What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very tame by your standards Justin but others may find it to be worthwhile.

Parov Stelar / Seven and Storm.

I'm enjoying this one now. I might even buy it:eek:. Markedly different to other Parov material available on Spotify - which has a track called "Tony Montana" which is actually pretty good.

Nice one GG!:)

Genre: Trip Hop

Nice and laid back. Lovely voice again. Can't knock it, really.

morcheeba-who-can-you-trust.jpg

Er - that plant looks decidedly dodgy.:)

I'm normally grooving to Prog Rock, but find myself listening to super well recorded Jazz and fusion Jazz today.

Currently Jacques Lousier trio - Baroque Favorites.

Bass is tight and clear on this system thanks to treated room and room corrector. I get to hear every note of this recording even at decent volumes.

51E3fmEBdGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This was ripped and is being up-sampled (via SoX resampler) to 88.2Khz and fed digitally to my processor.

Genre: Jazz/vocal

Herbie Hancocks "The River" a jazz interpretaion of an Iconic album.

It features vocals by Norah Jones, Tina Turner, Corinne Bailey and Joni herself.

It is a sonic masterpiece in my opinion the recording is stellar with great balance.

The arrangement is very "Herbie" with his own Syncopatic twist to a lot of these songs as he takes you on a journey away from the original melody.

I can listen to this album and never get tired of it. Most likely not everyones cup of Tea ( that was for you Justin) I think the weak song is the title song sung by Miss Rae ( her voice sounds like a child to me) but other than that I love it!!!

Attachments

• 51qK36dUJXL__SS500_.jpg
    51qK36dUJXL__SS500_.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Genre: Indie

Been listening to the new one from the Peej. She's pretty variable in my book - ranging from unlistenable to very good indeed. This appears to be in the later category. Check it out - it is interesting.

Attachments

• pj-harvey-let-england-shake.jpg
    pj-harvey-let-england-shake.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 247
Justin,

Just heard an interview with her and Terri Gross on NPR regarding her newest release you cite above.

Very interesting, articulate, mature, intelligent artist.

GG

I'm normally grooving to Prog Rock, but find myself listening to super well recorded Jazz and fusion Jazz today.
Jonathan, from posts we have exchanged in the past I always took you for a fan of classical music.

Genre - Rock

The Bridge - National Bohemian

The_Bridge_National_Bohemian_cover_art.jpg

This just came out last week. I have been seeing these guys live for a while now and just love their energy. This is their fifth studio album, and was produced by Steve Berlin of Los Lobos. I think they have a uniqueness of times past.

This is the video that dropped the day of the album release. The sound on this is horrible, but thats youtube for ya.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGZw0zqf758

My first listen back from holiday!

Genre: Jazz

Vince Jones - It all ends up in tears.

This is a great album, with some blues and more up-tempo stuff as well. My favourite is track 3 - "5 O'clock in the morning".

I'll post some pics of the holiday later......

Attachments

• vj.jpg
    vj.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 218
Bali

Genre: OFF TOPIC

Bali.........

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_2192.jpg
    IMG_2192.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2300.jpg
    IMG_2300.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 217
Now there's a couple of happy holiday makers:)

Find any Logans in Bali?:) Or any hi-fi at all, for that matter?

Find any Logans in Bali?:) Or any hi-fi at all, for that matter?

Funnily enough, YES. No 'Logans. And not on this trip. But on a previous trip, I went upstairs to this dirty little house (selling stuff on street) to find a pair of DYNAUDIO CONSEQUENCE! I didn't hear them, so can't vouch for authenticity - but there they were, right in the room with me.

They were reasonably carefully set up, but I didn't see any electronics either.

Genre - Rock

Stockholm Syndrome - Apollo

51cMom6UF9L._SS500_.jpg

This album is gritty and raw with the always engaging lyrics of Jerry Joseph at the heart of the music. I am only on my third listen as it came out yesterday, but I am very pleased with the over all mix and sonic signature that has become their sound. SS is comprised of an allstar cast: Dave Schools, Jerry Joseph, Eric McFadden, Wally Ingram and Danny Louis.

I've got a few, but nothing too good. Got 100s of those from previous trips - this trip we just wanted to sit on our butts and relax - reading, eating, drinking. And that's exactly what we did!

Neither of us felt like a holiday where we did so much running around we came home in need of a holiday.......if you know what I mean!

The first two are from one of our hotels.

The last one is from a local's house - similar to (but not) the one containing the Dynaudio Consequences! Didn't have the camera that day!

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg