Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post

Nice Batman sound effects, but stay away from the tights
    I wonder if Justin ever saw any 60s/70s Adam West + Burt Ward action... given his geographic "disposition".

Genre: Jazz - Female Vocals

I'm listening to Stacey right now. Specifically "It Might as Well be Spring" from her "In Love Again" album... which seems oddly apropos given the winter maelstrom outside. Though I guess I can't complain given the mammoth storm threatening our friends down-under. Hopefully Amey01 made his flight to Bali in advance of that monster.

Anyway, Stacey's soft, velour-like voice is perfectly and minimally accompanied by standard jazz instrumentation (piano, drums, guitar, etc). She never "over-does"... just straight-up excellent easy jazz. Recordings are top-notch.

http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Next-Door-...ref=pd_sim_m_2
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Genre: Blues/Rock

Betsey Franck & the Bareknuckle Band - Still Waiting

I cant find and easy pic on line but her website is: http://www.bareknuckleband.net/index.html

sultry vocals that command the band, she makes me melt.

Last edited by Jimna; 02-02-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    ~My Preface System~
    Check out my photography website: http://jmimna.com/
    My live concert recording company: http://fmrecordingco.com/

The latest Gregg Allman release "Low Country Blues", has a wide range of blues songs including covering Muddy Waters. I really like the song "Just another Rider"! Produced by T Bone Burnett it definitely has his signature on it.
    My ML CLS IIz/Pass Labs/JL Audio system here: http://www.martinloganowners.com/for...ead.php?t=9676

Quote Originally Posted by tsv_1 View Post
    I wonder if Justin ever saw any 60s/70s Adam West + Burt Ward action... given his geographic "disposition".
    Oh I think he might have done. Used to watch it from my very early years. TBH I vastly prefer the TV series to any Batman movie.

Yup Adam (West) - post some Bali pics for us all to enjoy.
    Last edited by User211; 02-03-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by churchill View Post

The latest Gregg Allman release "Low Country Blues", has a wide range of blues songs including covering Muddy Waters. I really like the song "Just another Rider"! Produced by T Bone Burnett it definitely has his signature on it.
    I've been thinking of picking this one up. Good to know you like it.
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

Genre: acoustic guitar. Is that a genre? I don't know, but this classic Leo Kottke album sure sounds good.

- Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

Pandora eric clapton station

Genre: Reggae.

By far and away my favourite cool ruler record. Though my copy is on double vinyl with a completely different cover.

RIP Gregory.

Quote Originally Posted by tsv_1 View Post
    Genre: Jazz - Female Vocals

I'm listening to Stacey right now. Specifically "It Might as Well be Spring" from her "In Love Again" album... which seems oddly apropos given the winter maelstrom outside. Though I guess I can't complain given the mammoth storm threatening our friends down-under. Hopefully Amey01 made his flight to Bali in advance of that monster.

Anyway, Stacey's soft, velour-like voice is perfectly and minimally accompanied by standard jazz instrumentation (piano, drums, guitar, etc). She never "over-does"... just straight-up excellent easy jazz. Recordings are top-notch.

http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Next-Door-...ref=pd_sim_m_2
    Stacey Kent looks like she needs to eat a hamburger !!! She needs to hold on to that wall to prop her up

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    Stacey Kent looks like she needs to eat a hamburger !!! She needs to hold on to that wall to prop her up
    I thought that was a sideways shot of her collapsed on the floor.

Just checking some of these out now. The technique is to wait for a few posts, then fire up Spotify or some other music streaming service and check them out.

Spotify - 320Kbps streaming is fantastic, but them seem to be having trouble launching stateside. 320Kbps Ogg Vorbis is genuinely very acceptable stuff. Love it.

Todd - you've done well - the wife loves Stacey Kent!
    Last edited by User211; 02-05-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Genre: Acoustic Blues
    Chris Smither, "Happier Blue"
    Another great album by Chris, a great American acoustic blues performer. After an hour or so of listening to shuffled "my favorites" from my server, I finished up with this album.

Last edited by slowGEEZR; 02-05-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Just checking some of these out now. The technique is to wait for a few posts, then fire up Spotify or some other music streaming service and check them out.

Spotify - 320Kbps streaming is fantastic, but them seem to be having trouble launching stateside. 320Kbps Ogg Vorbis is genuinely very acceptable stuff. Love it.

Todd - you've done well - the wife loves Stacey Kent!
    I'm delighted to hear it!

Just picked up a copy of soundtrack from O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Great stuff!
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.