What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Genre: Neko claims no genre....

Picked up this Neko Case disc and was pleasantly surprised. Released in March 2006 on the Anti label "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood" showcases Neko's great voice and songwriting. Love the lyrics on the song "Hold On, Hold On"!

Attachments

• Neko.jpg
    Neko.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 336
Mark Knopfler: Sailing To Philidelphia, if you are a Knopfler fan or Dire Straits fan this is a must own album & one that you will go to for years!

SalingToPhilidelphia.jpg

Listeing to the Pink Floyd Wish You were Here SACD 5.1 Mix. It is truly awesome. I own 4 different mixes of this CD. I just Can't stop buying them. This is well worth picking up.

Attachments

• CAPP_33453_SA__77001__10182011050419-7558.jpg
    CAPP_33453_SA__77001__10182011050419-7558.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 348
Listeing to the Pink Floyd Wish You were Here SACD 5.1 Mix. It is truly awesome. I own 4 different mixes of this CD. I just Can't stop buying them. This is well worth picking up.
Just got back in town and this was waiting for me, listening to it now, only on the second track, but so far outstanding. Very good use of the surround.

Cornelius - Sensuous

Cornelius - Sensuous - This is a DAMN FUN album to listen to. "Fit Song" (Track 2) would be a great demo track too! Had fun with this today...........Justin - as per a previous post of yours about a Jim Keltner track, I reckon you'd love this.

Attachments

• 41kGdCasXxL._SS500_.jpg
    41kGdCasXxL._SS500_.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
Wayne did you get the Immersion set? If so what are your thoughts about it. Is it worth the money?

Genre: Jazz

A little evening Jazz with Diana Krall's "The Girl in The Other Room" released in 2004 on the Verve label.

A personal album by Diana with one of favs "Narrow Daylight".

Attachments

• Krall.jpg
    Krall.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 396
Mark Knopfler: Sailing To Philidelphia, if you are a Knopfler fan or Dire Straits fan this is a must own album & one that you will go to for years!
It is fantastic and Knopfler's best solo album, for my money. Also partial to Golden Heart.:music:

I'm Jealous. Really want to get that one.

Sort of trippy, not the usual Prog Rock Riverside is usually known for, but very creative instrumental album by the lead man of Riverside, Mariuz Duda, in his personal project Lunatic Soul. The latest album is Impressions

Great soundscapes that are rendered beautifully by the MLs.

51-VPU-A1VL._SS400_.jpg

fehqbn.jpg

Heard this in the KEF room @ RMAF and had to buy. Defies categorization - it's Yello! Electronic with plenty of jazz and African influences. Great bass workout and one of the widest soundstages I've heard from a 2ch recording.

Thanks Ken, good recommendation.

Wish You Were Here Immersion Box Set
Pink Floyd 2011

This Immersion Box Set is absolutely amazing. I have probably 6 copies in 5 different formats of WYWH and I have listened to WYWH several hundred times but I can tell you that the Bluray disc which is 96kHz and 24bit and 5.1 surround sound put music in places I have never heard it. In fact, I heard many things that I have never heard before which to me was a surprise. This album actually affected my breathing. The bass shook things upstairs, so much so that my wife came downstairs to see what the fudge was going on. If you are a fan of Pink Floyd and you happen to like multi-channel this is well worth the money. I hope they reconsider and do Animals in Bluray 5.1 surround sound.

I have not listened to all the discs but there is alot of stuff to experience with this one. Get the box set, lock the door and hold on to your seat, whether you like stereo or MC this album will give you a trip:)

fehqbn.jpg

Heard this in the KEF room @ RMAF and had to buy. Defies categorization - it's Yello! Electronic with plenty of jazz and African influences. Great bass workout and one of the widest soundstages I've heard from a 2ch recording.

Just arrived today.

Truly and seriously impressive sonically. Thanks!:)

Genre: Bluegrass

A little Thanksgiving bluegrass with Alison Krauss & Union Station's 1997 release "So Long So Wrong" on the Rounder label. This is a solid AKUS disc. Alison sounds great as always!

Attachments

• alison1.jpg
    alison1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 212
Back