What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TIDAL has 16 Anathema albums but not Weather Systems.

Try Dream Theater - Images and Words? The track Pull Me Under in particular. Loud:)

EDIT: hey - Anathema - good - listening to best tracks.

Last edited:
TIDAL has 16 Anathema albums but not Weather Systems.

EDIT: hey - Anathema - good - listening to best tracks.

I don't use Tidal but their page shows Weather Systems.

You should check out The Crestfallen EP or Serenades album if they have it... haha actually don't since you'll probably hate them then since that's when they used to play death metal. :) The Silent Enigma and Eternity are still metal but with some prog leanings and no more death metal vocals though still a tad on the harsh side. After that they're more prog rock entirely more or less.

From Weather Systems featuring Anneke van Gierbergen (formerly of The Gathering another former death metal turned prog rock band, and Agua de Annique):

Last edited:
Hm the open baffles must be such low res you can't tell the difference Ken...:ROFL:
Impossible! I recently purchased some WooTa Fook® discs, lifting all seven veils from my system.

I have a couple of DT albums, Justin, but while I greatly admire the sheer technical competence of the musicians, I find the music, itself, too relentless for prolonged listening.

I agree Ken but that one track is great when you are in the right mood for it.

I can make you some Just-A-Fook-In-Minute discs to lift the eighth veil but they'll cost you a pretty sweet 1,232,765,777,999 Nigerian.

I agree Ken but that one track is great when you are in the right mood for it.
It surely is, and that's why I keep the albums. The two I have are Scenes From a Memory and Octavarium. Is there another you'd recommend?

I can make you some Just-A-Fook-In-Minute discs to lift the eighth veil but they'll cost you a pretty sweet 1,232,765,777,999 Nigerian.
No can do, old bean. Although I have an infinite supply of Nigerian MO's, I'm afraid if I lifted even one more veil, my head would explode from an overdose of sonic bliss.

See if Tidal has IQ's Dark Matter. The recording's no where near Wilson quality, and the lyrics are completely opaque, but those boys sure know how to craft a melody. The grand finale is especially terrific and reminds me of Supper's Ready.

They have 8 IQ titles (some by another band of the same name) but not that one. It is very easy to see what they have - just Google TIDAL and the band name.

Dream Theater? Just the one I mentioned earlier. Get TIDAL, Ken. Life will change for the better:)

Huge DT fan here. Get Awake. It's their finest work, and will change your life. Also, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is pretty brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty in Memphis on vinyl, Analogue Productions 45rpm!! (free personal training included!)

image.jpg

Great singing and classic recording with Memphis backing musicians and Tom Dowd on recording and horn arrangements. Check out Tom Dowds achievements and list of artists he's worked with!!! But first check the music .... restrained, and class!

Acoustic Knopfler. Mellow, complex, and wonderfully engineered by Guy Fletcher.

j65zwp.jpg

Un-Dream Theater, Dream Theater

iwrcs8.jpg

Welcome to the mask machine
Be someone else forever

Acoustic Knopfler. Mellow, complex, and wonderfully engineered by Guy Fletcher.

View attachment 17881

Un-Dream Theater, Dream Theater

View attachment 17882

Welcome to the mask machine
Be someone else forever

I'm going to see Mark Knopfler at a winery in northern Washington in July (I think july). Very excited. I love his solo albums, and his album with Emmylou Harris.

517ajhSH-YL.jpg

Used to have this on vinyl but sold it. What an idiot. I had forgotten about Graham Parker for years but his recent release made me listen to this again on TIDAL. What a freakin' great album. Not amazing sonically but it sounds pretty damned OK really and the song content is just great. Real energy here.

Based on your high recommendation, I ordered a copy. I also love Yes.

I just gave this a listen.
To me it sounds more native american indian than islandic, but it is well recorded and interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038AN4J8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I also ordered:
Aja ( I had to break down and do it. Too many people recommended it )
Alice in Chains Unplugged
Shostakovich: 24 Preludes & Fugues, Op. 87 ( piano music supposedly extremely well recorded and beautifully played )

Ordered Patricia Barbar's Smash as well. (I have a live album by her that is excellent. I really look forward to listening to this.)

I just started to dig back through this thread. There is some great material in there!!!!

Last edited:
81XV7pKJe8L__SL1400_.jpg

Just picked up Melody Gardot's latest. This is her 4th album and instantly my favorite. It is more blues and a little less Jazz than her previous work. It sounded as if there was some Patricia Barber sound slipping into the mix.

Currently finishing up Stacy Kent, Dreamer In Concert. An excellent live album. For those of you who may not be familiar with her work, think of a little older Kat Edmonson.

View attachment 18017

Just picked up Melody Gardot's latest. This is her 4th album and instantly my favorite. It is more blues and a little less Jazz than her previous work. It sounded as if there was some Patricia Barber sound slipping into the mix.

I will pick that one up. I have two of her albums and like them both. If you like her, you may also like Kat Edmonson and Stacy Kent. Stacy is more jazz and Kat is more pop/jazz, both are good.

The back story on Melody Gardot is really interesting, and she references it in "Lessons Learned" off her first album. She was riding her bike and got hit by a car and nearly killed. Spent a long time (like a year) in the hospital and then rehab and started playing music as a way to learn how to speak again and gain muscle control. She's hyper sensitive to light and certain sounds as a result, which is why she always wears sunglasses. Pretty amazing story actually.

Duke Ellington Blues in Orbit ORG reissue CS 8241 45 RPM

a3335a2c-53cd-47eb-b1c9-1c05cabe09fd_zpswvuqicsk.jpg

Back