What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inevitable Steven Wilson Hand. Cannot. Erase. on Blu Ray. I hate the title. Music seems go so far...

HCE-finalcover.jpg

Listening (alot) to the new David Bryne (former Talking Heads leader) to "Love that Giant".

If you like TH music, you will like this.

GG

Really great jazz, recorded live in San Jose, Costa Rica. Manuel Obregón and a bunch of other musicians playing traditional instruments. Very upbeat. Available on Amazon. I'm going to buy the rest of his stuff. Was recommended by Roberto.

image.jpg

Inevitable Steven Wilson Hand. Cannot. Erase. on Blu Ray. I hate the title. Music seems go so far...
Unsure of that last incomplete sentence, Justin. I think it's bloody brilliant with the possible exception of "Ancestral".

Go = fine Ken not sure what happened there. Only sort of half listened to it whilst doing things. Will Interstella it tomorrow.

Big tour including a load of US dates. Go see him Ken!

Go = fine Ken not sure what happened there. Only sort of half listened to it whilst doing things. Will Interstella it tomorrow.

Big tour including a load of US dates. Go see him Ken!
Heh, I pounced on the tour announcement a while back only to find that the two dates here in SoCal are the very weekend my daughter graduates from university, a couple hundred miles up the coast.

I am buggered.

Heh, I pounced on the tour announcement a while back only to find that the two dates here in SoCal are the very weekend my daughter graduates from university, a couple hundred miles up the coast.

I am buggered.

Get de-buggered.

In all honesty I much prefer the Porcupine Tree stuff. This is a bit wet emotionally. Plus the Porky Tree stuff is better produced and defo sounds better on my kit.

In all honesty I much prefer the Porcupine Tree stuff.
Different tastes - only a couple of PT albums really do it for me. If you haven't already done so, give Anathema a spin e.g. Weather Systems.

Porky Tree stuff is better produced and defo sounds better on my kit.
Huh. Chez Ken, this is the equal of anything he's produced for PT. Jaw-dropping, even. Maybe your ribbons are out of tune.:p

Yes I understand that, in my opinion I like the interpretations too
I am sure other people like other conductors
by the way who are your fav Beethoven recordings?
von Karajan, 5th and 9th Symphonies, 1963 recordings. Dislike his 6th; the maestro is in a rush to get to his next appointment.

Karl Böhm, 6th Symphony. I have several recordings; this is the best.

Pollini, the final Piano Sonatas

Kempff, all of the Piano Sonatas

Kempff/Leitner, the Piano Concerti

Gera Anda et al, the Triple Concerto

Keep in mind that these are personal tastes; I have no musical training.

von Karajan, 5th and 9th Symphonies, 1963 recordings. Dislike his 6th; the maestro is in a rush to get to his next appointment.

Karl Böhm, 6th Symphony. I have several recordings; this is the best.

Pollini, the final Piano Sonatas

Kempff, all of the Piano Sonatas

Kempff/Leitner, the Piano Concerti

Gera Anda et al, the Triple Concerto

Keep in mind that these are personal tastes; I have no musical training.

Among my guys its which von Karajan is it. I just put the DG's 1963 in my cart at Amazon,
I notice on many Planets recordings the Maestro is in a rush to get to the next Planet............. Thanx

Last edited:
Different tastes - only a couple of PT albums really do it for me. If you haven't already done so, give Anathema a spin e.g. Weather Systems.

Huh. Chez Ken, this is the equal of anything he's produced for PT. Jaw-dropping, even. Maybe your ribbons are out of tune.:p

Hm the open baffles must be such low res you can't tell the difference Ken...:ROFL:

Back