New Summit X's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachbound

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Summit X's in dark cherry today...replacing Revel Ultima Studio 2's! Using all Krell EVO set up...402e, 525a, and a 222. Running CAST between components and Transparent Ultra speaker cable. Shunyata Python on the cd and pre...Krell's powercord on the amp. Had the demo today on a near identical system...and was astonished. I had to have them!!

One big step to another. Our local dealer has the both those pairs side by side, what a sight. When you get them (or before for that matter) take a look around the site for tips on correct setup, placement, room treatments, etc. Makes quite a difference.

Just ordered a pair of Summit X's in dark cherry today...replacing Revel Ultima Studio 2's! Using all Krell EVO set up...402e, 525a, and a 222. Running CAST between components and Transparent Ultra speaker cable. Shunyata Python on the cd and pre...Krell's powercord on the amp. Had the demo today on a near identical system...and was astonished. I had to have them!!

Welcome to the forum and congrats! I owned the Summit Xs and they were easily the best sounding speakers I'd ever owned to that point in time. The base integration for a hybrid is spectacular and no need for a separate sub in most situations. Your equipment lineup is phenominal. When your Xs come in, pls be sure to post pics in the Members System section.

Cheers

-Todd

Summit X's

I look forward to them, however it is not my first venture with ML. That started out back in 96 when I had a pair of Quest Z's, mated with Krell and SL3's for surround. 7 years ago I had a pair of Odysseys mated with Levinson electronics, but I just couldn't get any "magic" out of them. I then replaced them with B&W 802D's, then the Revels. The demo I heard was the best sound I have heard, but I knew better not to hear the CLX's!!

I look forward to them, however it is not my first venture with ML. That started out back in 96 when I had a pair of Quest Z's, mated with Krell and SL3's for surround. 7 years ago I had a pair of Odysseys mated with Levinson electronics, but I just couldn't get any "magic" out of them. I then replaced them with B&W 802D's, then the Revels. The demo I heard was the best sound I have heard, but I knew better not to hear the CLX's!!

Given your history with ML and the components you've own/owned, I wouldn't be surprised if you end up on a similar track to my own... that is, I bought the Xs and absolutely loved them for a year and a half... but the CLXs kept calling like sirens in the night. Eventually, I found a way to make the purchase happen (partially funded of course by a pretty decent return on my Xs).

Anyway, keep us posted on your impressions as you receive and install your Xs.

Cheers

Congrats on you’re purchasing of the Summit X's ! I know you’re going to be VERY satisfied with them as I am. I have them mated with all Pass equipment. Love to see your system when you have the Summit's setup. ENJOY! :music:

Hello from Cocoa Beach...

Spire, Depth i, Ayre V-5xe, Cary SLP 98-P w/NOS tubes, SME 10 w/Shelter 501.

Not much surf today, but yesterday was pretty good 3-4 ft. & glassy.

Satch

welcome sounds like a killer set-up, I hope you get the magic out of these you were missing with oddyseys.

Hello from Cocoa Beach...

Spire, Depth i, Ayre V-5xe, Cary SLP 98-P w/NOS tubes, SME 10 w/Shelter 501.

Not much surf today, but yesterday was pretty good 3-4 ft. & glassy.

Satch

I am just down here in Indian Harbour Beach. Keep a weekend condo at Shorewood in Canaveral, just 4 buildings down from the Port! Problem is, we have a new Krell/Martin Logan dealer just off of the Eau Gallie Causeway...and he is very good to deal with. Not good for me...as it's too good for me!!

Given your history with ML and the components you've own/owned, I wouldn't be surprised if you end up on a similar track to my own... that is, I bought the Xs and absolutely loved them for a year and a half... but the CLXs kept calling like sirens in the night. Eventually, I found a way to make the purchase happen (partially funded of course by a pretty decent return on my Xs).

Anyway, keep us posted on your impressions as you receive and install your Xs.

Cheers

When I read your kind response...I knew you were going to say that!!! The only thing that has held me back is that I lost my dedicated room, so my two channel is now in the living room...which I love, but won't accomodate the CLX's. Well, not exactly true. The room will accomodate them...the wife won't!!

Yikes!, I didn't know about the ML, Krell dealer in our area. What's the name of the dealer?

BTW, you're welcome to come by for a listen to my humble system.

Ray

Yikes!, I didn't know about the ML, Krell dealer in our area. What's the name of the dealer?

BTW, you're welcome to come by for a listen to my humble system.

Ray
Audible Images, he's on Pineapple which is the first stoplight right after the bridge, on the mainland. He is Ed Masterson, he used to be an audio writer...and is a serious audiophile. When all is said and done on the financial side, I think he gets as much of a kick out of setting up his audiophile customers...as we do!! He is very competitive...and his service has been second to nobody...I almost wish it wasn't so!! He is a very small shop...appointment only, as he can be out on install jobs, but being a Reserve dealer, he has the CLX's and the Summit X's set to go. My Summit X's come in on Monday, I also just upgraded my Transparent Ultra SC to the Reference SC...but they are custom made to your amp at the Reference level, so it may be a week or two until they come in!!

Daayam!

BTW, audio fun-fact: Transparent Audio is HQ'd about 7 miles from my house. I really need to get over there and check out their digs.

I have used them...almost exclusively for 16 years! You're in trouble now!! I have to say, to me, it seems that whatever the other companies do, Transparent does just a little better...in most cases however, a LOT better!! People do complain about their prices...but check out TAS, they even rave about the introductory products!! Other than being extremely "open" I find them to be simply the definition of neutral!!

Latest posts

Back