Lifetime Service for MartinLogan Products

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M-L por toda mi vida!

Just tuned in on this great piece of news especially since I have a total M-L ESL surround system with M-L subs.
It reinforces my faith that good companies do listen to their customers and will do the right thing. It also ensures that these expensive speakers will not lose their entire value since they can be repaired in the future.
Arriba! Arriba!

Well, I have to say, that is great news. This decision has eased the doubts I began to have about owning a ML product. :cheers:

Last edited:
Okay, I'm late to the newz but I saw nothing in the statement suggesting "service" means ML is now going to provide panels for former speakers. Does that now in fact mean I can obtain new panels for a Logos or former first generation speaker no matter the type? I ask because I was on the phone w/ ML just days ago and was instructed no service upgrade was available for the electronics on a CLS II, where as before upgrading to a iiZ mod was a no brainer. I was instructed parts are no longer available, so it appears the new "service" has some limitations and restrictions.

Appreciated Justin. Best news I've heard/read since my panels started fading away since my move to Malaysia 4 months ago...humidity???. Now I know that there is lifetime warranty, there is hope again to enjoy my vinyl collection. Unfortunately I can't get any response from the official ML dealer in Singapore....all I need is a pointer to a service center in Malaysia or Singapore (other then Norman Audio) where I can buy new panels for my SL3 , bought them new in 2000.

This sure does appear to be great news.

I'd like to know if anyone has tried to buy a panel for their legacy Martin Logan speakers? I've read around the net that ML is not offering replacement panels for the Logos anymore.

I have a pair of Aeon's and Ascent's, that I would like to upgrade the panels on to the clear spar models soon. Is that even an option, or will ML just offer me a discount to thrash my current speakers and buy new models? Because providing 'lifetime support' means to actually support the product, not just offer a upgrade program.

I have been a very happy Martin Logan owner since mid-2003, but I am truly worried by the recent lack of confirmed actual support of non-current Martin Logan products. I bought into this 'system', due to the fact I believed I would be supported by a American company with a loyalty for it's customer base, just as it's customer base is loyal to them.

Bob Carver is doing the right thing in fully supporting his old lines of products. He offers a very reasonable 'flat fee service' for his customers who are experiencing problems or just want to bring their legacy products back to factory specs.

Last edited:
hey Peter or Justin!!

it's been asked in here a few times - and missed by the ML staff so as my wife might say i'm being "clear to a fault".

Peter, Justin - there are some real questions about support for the Logos center channel. Is it or is it not a supported product? You have stated support for all legacy products, but we know that some items (such as transformers in some of the CLS series) are no longer available. Is the Logos in a similar position?

cheers

We can still service the electronics to some extent, but not the panels for the Logos. Beyond the very unique build for this model, getting the metal and building these would be exponentially more expensive than the cost of a newer model -- so for this particular model, ML will offer a discount program to upgrade to a current model center channel. You can contact our sales team at 785-749-0133 for more details if you have a Logos.

Hope this helps.

~Justin

Wow--what a great announcement from a great company! Now I'm even more inclined to track down a pair of CLXs.

Just recently joined this forum, as I recently purchased 3 products from Martin Logan:

1. Electro Motion ESL speakers (left, right)
  2. Electro Motion C2 speaker (center)
  3. Dynamo 700 subwoofer

Then I read this thread. I knew ML was a high-end type of speaker (especially with their radical [at least to me] design of their mesh-steel grill curvature speaker). Now reading Martin Logan's announcement makes feel that my instincts were spot on in my purchase. If I ever need to upgrade, ML will have my future business. Currently have a 3.1 system and if I go to 5.1 then I know where to go :)

Thanks Justin

It has been awhile since I have been on this board, but wanted to also thank Martin Logan as well. I have two 7.1 sets of logans. Vantages Vistas, Scripts, Theater Cinema yada yada.

Thanks again. A very Happy ML owner.

Just priced new Panels for the CLS series speakers.. This is direct from Martin Logan Today ! ARE you ready for a shock.. You better sit down.. $2750 a set !:wtf:

Now I am not saying if someone said MR C.A.P would you pay $2750 for a BRAND new pair of CLS ! HELL YES ! But its METAL and Mylar .. If they re released the CLS with today's technology and new x overs they could charge $10K and be worth it but with technology that has been repeated and paid for it self for the last 30 years how do they see charging $2750 for replacement panels.. Especially when they dont support the electronics any more. You could technically end up with a $2750 hit if your x Overs decide to belly up... Sorry I know they have to make $ but NO WAY I AM PAYING $2750 for 4 ,2x4 pieces of perforated metal and coated saran wrap. This is a example of forced discontinuation and its not how the old guard was at ML.

Martin Logan YOU have just lost another to corporate GREED !:devil:

My Fritz Carbon 7 sound just fine, and the $2750 I saved I will go on vacation for a week and still come home to good music... and be able to buy a beer ! Come on ML ..:duh:

Hi Chris,

Good to see you are still posting.

The price quoted seems to be a bit excessive, to say the least.

Doesn't seem to be the way to make friends and keep customers.

By the way, I'm going to be in Michigan in late June and will try to touch base while I'm there.

I'll PM when the time gets closer.

Best,

Gordon

Great deal. Id love to get together and share a laugh ! . PM me when and details ! I am still a lurker but really have been not posting much here.
Yes, I dont get a warm fuzzy from ML or Para-Logan anymore !

Pretty much the same for me.

Not much new to post about that hasn't been discussed before.

Time for some new blood I reckon.

Do you still have your CLS set up?

Back