Lifetime Service for MartinLogan Products

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a collection of people (and i'm one) who posted that they'd understand having to pay a premium to support legacy panel replacement.

now it's our turn to be true to our words :)

There were a number of people who rebuked that as well. Punching holes in metal is not rocket science. What are you inadvertently asking for - 2-tier pricing?

Great News and appreciate the support.

Not to be too big a whiner but in the spirit will your next post also mention the rehiring of Jim Power as Service Rep.

Thanks also to Rich for taking the time and effort to post and I believe helped bring about this decision.

Great News!!! Thanks Martin Logan.

This really is good news!

I had ML Speakers for more than 20 years and was seriously thinking about a change because of this very unsecure situation. Here in Austria a pair of Summits is about 17.000 EUR and facing the fact, that they may not be supported any more some day (even if this is in 10 years or more), made me fear about my investment. Once the reputation of a manufacturer is getting worse, you will have troubles in selling used gear and lose money.

Despite that all, ML could make me even more happy, if they would decide to go for a re-issue of an up-to-date CLS with todays technology. Still the best ML speaker i ever had....

YAY. :clap:

Now I can go purchase that pair of Statements on Agon.

Seriously though... This decision is awesome. A pair of script i's are in my future.

there is a collection of people (and i'm one) who posted that they'd understand having to pay a premium to support legacy panel replacement.

now it's our turn to be true to our words :) not that we're encouraging a premium ;)

Of course...but at some point premium becomes price gouging.

To me...if a panel costs say 20% of the original cost. Premium means 25%-30%. When the choice becomes between re-paneling, or throwing away the speaker (literally) and getting a modern equivalent...then it's price gouging.

It's not relative to resale value, but relative to original price...factoring in inflation and what not.

I'm very happy with the news...don't get me wrong...but there is that side of me that understands how businesses think, and I'm just hoping that the "lifetime support" change didn't come with a * and a subnote attached to it.

:devil:

To ML,

Welcome back into the fold of a select few manufacturers who are able to breath a 'soul' into your product and at the same time create DNA in your customer base that remains loyal, passionate and helps sell your product and ML music experience to others.

Very few companies can reach this 'Iconic' status, even fewer can retain it but names like Quad, Apple, IBM, Harley Davidson, Jaguar have managed this and for a while I began to question my own judgement in choosing you over other "stat" makers.

Thanks for reaffirming my faith in you. I own 12 of your speakers in my house and it is my expectation to grow old with them and in the process, lead a few others astray in the process when I invite folks around for music evenings ( as I did last night!)

We believe in you, clearly you believe in us your installed base, welcome back in the special circle of iconic companies whose brand value lives on from generation to the next.

Jeff on the other side of the world

Way to step up!

Nice to hear it! Bravo, Martin Logan. I am impressed. I'll continue to be a loyal owner indefinitely, for certain.

Terrific News!!!

Love these speakers now more than ever!! You can't always entirely believe in a product, but ML is coming as close as one can get. Great company, with great people.:bowdown:

Doug - out

Thank you Justin!!!!! I am very impressed with this decision. :bowdown:

Glen

This is the first chance I had to really sit down and read everyone's comments, and I thank you for such kind and supportive words, both personally and for MartinLogan.

~Justin

Great news indeed! Thanks to ML for taking care of their early (those of us who bought ML speakers in the 90s and will be the ones who will most likely need service in the near future) and long-term customers. It may not be the best economical decision for ML, but I think it is the right one. Knowing that we can get parts and service goes a long way for customer loyalty. This keeps ML as a top-notch company!

While I am in favor of this decision by Shoreview and/or ML, my feeling is that the loyalty of the consumers to the brand should equal the opposite.

Meaning if ML is loyal enough to offer lifetime service to legacy products, maybe rather than buying old used speakers and fixing them up, we should buy a brand new set of ML speakers instead. :)

And no complaining if the cost of parts and service for legacy products is a bit spendy. It comes with the territory. You can get a 1963 Ferrari 250 GT completely refurbished at the factory. If you have to ask how much it will cost, well then your heart is in the wrong place. :)

I am not saying that everyone should junk their old stuff and get new....but it is always an option...and what better way to show your support for such a great company than by spending more of your money with them?

My main message though is to applaud ML for being an exception to the rule in the industry. Especially in the current circumstance of the economy. Thank you ML. :)

While I am in favor of this decision by Shoreview and/or ML, my feeling is that the loyalty of the consumers to the brand should equal the opposite.

Meaning if ML is loyal enough to offer lifetime service to legacy products, maybe rather than buying old used speakers and fixing them up, we should buy a brand new set of ML speakers instead. :)

And no complaining if the cost of parts and service for legacy products is a bit spendy. It comes with the territory. You can get a 1963 Ferrari 250 GT completely refurbished at the factory. If you have to ask how much it will cost, well then your heart is in the wrong place. :)

I am not saying that everyone should junk their old stuff and get new....but it is always an option...and what better way to show your support for such a great company than by spending more of your money with them?

My main message though is to applaud ML for being an exception to the rule in the industry. Especially in the current circumstance of the economy. Thank you ML. :)

I disagree in the sense that people should not feel compelled to purchase a product for the sake of supporting a company. The product should compel the consumer to buy it. At some point most of us will be at a point where we either want to spend 2K to fix our current speakers - or spend 10K to get the latest greatest bestest sounding speaker currently offered. I look at that as me being able to get a 10K speaker for 8K... which is a pretty good deal if you think in terms of a 20% discount. Bottom line is in order for me to have a working system I would need to spend $$$ - the question is do I spend it on old technology - or does the new technology make it worth it for me to go the extra mile...or maybe I do both??? :)

Great news! I was sort of getting nervous about having to buy replacement panels (and put off other things on my long list of things to do/buy). This puts my mind at ease. It's so nice to ML stand behind their customer!

Erik

Wow, can't believe I missed this thread! That's GREAT news, and will keep ML heads and shoulders above most of their competition. Smart move, and absolutely will influence MY future speaker upgrade decision(s).

Back