Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifetime Service for MartinLogan Products

Super User

I think I'm going to cry. Thank you so much. The fact that the companylistens means a lot.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tsv_1 View Post
    Good point. I may even spring for white-glove delivery, unpacking, and installation. What the hell, right?

Now, what epitaph to put on the headstone... hmmmmmm.

How about... "Cold earth below and more earth above, but I lie here quite contented since ML admitted their blunder, reversed their decision, did what was right, and showed us all love"

To wordy? Need to work on the cadence a bit too.
    Far too wordy. How about:

"The Fat Lady Sang .......... Through My CLX's"

or

"I Told You I Was Sick"
    Last edited by Bernard; 01-06-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Great call ML!
    My ML CLS IIz/Pass Labs/JL Audio system here: http://www.martinloganowners.com/for...ead.php?t=9676

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Without wishing to inflate Rich's ego, and making Chris puke too strongly, I was actually thinking exactly this.

Credit where credit is due, so to speak.
    No puking on my side. May be a tad Verklempt.. however; If you think that ML decision was based on Riches Temper tantrum and continual diatribe and not on the overall bigger picture we are all mistaken. YES ! This site had a big voice, Some bigger than others. The fact that this site is only about 5% or less of the actual ML purchaser has more to do with it in all. They did some math and realized, they may have jumped the gun. Maybe the new management was a bit quick to make the call. HOWEVER; What counts is they realized continual support will only bring revenue in the form of new repeat and old starter business. It also will put them in a class of comfort for the retailers and the buyer as Lifetime support makes for a warm feeling when buying.

I am and always will be a CLS man. Thanks to ML !
    Martin Logan... Odyssey...Krell KSA 100s...Krell KRC3 Pre Amp...Krell Connect Media server/DAC
    My system here

Quote Originally Posted by shakham View Post
    Quick question, not to be devil's advocate or anything....but I hope that the change didn't come with a price gouging attached to it? Did it?
    there is a collection of people (and i'm one) who posted that they'd understand having to pay a premium to support legacy panel replacement.

now it's our turn to be true to our words not that we're encouraging a premium
    CLS system here.

walk gently. leave a good impression.

Was almost certain to deviate from ML on my next purchase. This announcement changes things. Will definitely consider ML once upgraditis hits. Good customer service is important to most. Even just the thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Without wishing to inflate Rich's ego, and making Chris puke too strongly, I was actually thinking exactly this.

Credit where credit is due, so to speak.
    Thanks, Justin. I appreciate that. I am just glad that current management is willing to listen to their loyal long-term customers and make the difficult decisions that are necessary to uphold the value of the brand. It wasn't easy for them to reverse this decision and I am highly impressed that they did.

And thanks also to Tom, for providing this incredible community for all us malcontents and rabble rousers. How else could our voices have been heard?
    Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

Thank you ML! What a Team!

While I can't say that ML's earlier decision to suspend support on some products was the main influence on my decision to purchase Wilsons rather than CLXs (it was mainly due to room size), I can't deny that there was some influence.
    Last edited by slowGEEZR; 01-06-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
    there is a collection of people (and i'm one) who posted that they'd understand having to pay a premium to support legacy panel replacement.

now it's our turn to be true to our words
    There were a number of people who rebuked that as well. Punching holes in metal is not rocket science. What are you inadvertently asking for - 2-tier pricing?
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Classé CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DEQ2496 --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

Great News and appreciate the support.

Not to be too big a whiner but in the spirit will your next post also mention the rehiring of Jim Power as Service Rep.

Thanks also to Rich for taking the time and effort to post and I believe helped bring about this decision.

Great News!!! Thanks Martin Logan.

This really is good news!

I had ML Speakers for more than 20 years and was seriously thinking about a change because of this very unsecure situation. Here in Austria a pair of Summits is about 17.000 EUR and facing the fact, that they may not be supported any more some day (even if this is in 10 years or more), made me fear about my investment. Once the reputation of a manufacturer is getting worse, you will have troubles in selling used gear and lose money.

Despite that all, ML could make me even more happy, if they would decide to go for a re-issue of an up-to-date CLS with todays technology. Still the best ML speaker i ever had....
    Smile! Tomorrow will be worse ....

YAY.

Now I can go purchase that pair of Statements on Agon.

Seriously though... This decision is awesome. A pair of script i's are in my future.
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod View Post

now it's our turn to be true to our words not that we're encouraging a premium
    Of course...but at some point premium becomes price gouging.

To me...if a panel costs say 20% of the original cost. Premium means 25%-30%. When the choice becomes between re-paneling, or throwing away the speaker (literally) and getting a modern equivalent...then it's price gouging.

It's not relative to resale value, but relative to original price...factoring in inflation and what not.

I'm very happy with the news...don't get me wrong...but there is that side of me that understands how businesses think, and I'm just hoping that the "lifetime support" change didn't come with a * and a subnote attached to it.