Lifetime Service for MartinLogan Products

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow

Justin,
I must say that this is phenomenal news and I applaud Martin Logan for once again proving that they support their user base without reservation.

I'm sure that this decision required quite a bit of executive buy-in and I give a whole-hearted THANK YOU to you and those in your organization that enabled such a Customer-Focused decision to be made in such a short period of time.

Once again, my eyes and ears are clearly focusecd on ML for my future electrostatic needs and not elsewhere.

CHEERS!!!!!

Wow - this reminds me of what ML always was. What great news, and how big of a company to stand up and admit an incorrect decision, then promptly correct it!

Justin - on a personal note - I can only thank you for taking the time to participate in these forums, listen, and pass on what customers are saying.

Seriously, after the previous announcement, I knew my next speakers wouldn't be Martin Logan. I had a listen to some ProAcs but didn't like them. This changes things for the better. Some Spires might be coming my way in 2011.

Justin , excellent news I want to applaud you and the management for admitting to a mistake and making it right !!

It shows character to admit your company made a bad business decision.

Thanks it makes my next speaker purchase an easy one now ML all the way:D

Had I and others not spoken out so vehemently against this policy, I have little doubt ML would have continued in the wrong direction.

Without wishing to inflate Rich's ego, and making Chris puke too strongly, I was actually thinking exactly this.

Credit where credit is due, so to speak.

Anyway, this is good news. Not necessarily so much for the few who actually were affected by the previous decision to discontinue support for a few models, but for the positive vibes this spreads through the ML community as a whole.

I don't think this would have happened without the presence of the internet allowing such ease of customer feedback. Indeed, should ML even begin to get close to what it cost me to refurbish one of the best planars ever made to better than new status, you can count me as a future customer. Unlikely, but you never know;)

Don't forget to also specify the shipping company to be used to ship the stiff to the burial site.

Good point. I may even spring for white-glove delivery, unpacking, and installation. What the hell, right?

Now, what epitaph to put on the headstone... hmmmmmm.

How about... "Cold earth below and more earth above, but I lie here quite contented since ML admitted their blunder, reversed their decision, did what was right, and showed us all love"

To wordy? Need to work on the cadence a bit too.

I don't post here often, but this is of course, great news. My reQuests are now 12 years old (and still totally awesome) and it's been a concern of mine when the announcement was originally made, tho I wasn't really certain if mine were included. I'm sure you will now have many more returning customers.

Great course change!

Wayner

Justin,

Many thanks!

I'm greatly relieved knowing my beloved Requests will continue to
impress me as much in the future as they do now.

I've heard other speakers that sound good, just not good enough to
make me consider changing.

You guys made a great business decision. I think the best (and cheapest)
form of advertisement is word-of-mouth. Friends and family that have
listened to my system have had nothing but praise for ML speakers!:music:

Thanks Martin Logan - you have proven yourself worthy of your long held reputation :cheers:

I know that i was very concerned about the future of my speakers, although not on the extinct list just yet. If this decision was not reversed, it would have been only a matter of time. I went from very concerned to once again proud to be an owner of Martin Logan speakers.

Now if only it will not cost $10K to replace the panels when the time comes:D.

And thanks to Rich, and all the other members, who emphasized the importance of continued support. Clearly, this debate influenced their decision.

Tom, you really created something wonderful here, on many levels.:bowdown:

I think I'm going to cry. Thank you so much. The fact that the companylistens means a lot.

Good point. I may even spring for white-glove delivery, unpacking, and installation. What the hell, right?

Now, what epitaph to put on the headstone... hmmmmmm.

How about... "Cold earth below and more earth above, but I lie here quite contented since ML admitted their blunder, reversed their decision, did what was right, and showed us all love"

To wordy? Need to work on the cadence a bit too.
Far too wordy. How about:

"The Fat Lady Sang .......... Through My CLX's"

or

"I Told You I Was Sick"

Last edited:
Without wishing to inflate Rich's ego, and making Chris puke too strongly, I was actually thinking exactly this.

No puking on my side. May be a tad Verklempt.. however; If you think that ML decision was based on Riches Temper tantrum and continual diatribe and not on the overall bigger picture we are all mistaken. YES ! This site had a big voice, Some bigger than others. The fact that this site is only about 5% or less of the actual ML purchaser has more to do with it in all. They did some math and realized, they may have jumped the gun. Maybe the new management was a bit quick to make the call. HOWEVER; What counts is they realized continual support will only bring revenue in the form of new repeat and old starter business. It also will put them in a class of comfort for the retailers and the buyer as Lifetime support makes for a warm feeling when buying.

I am and always will be a CLS man. Thanks to ML !

Quick question, not to be devil's advocate or anything....but I hope that the change didn't come with a price gouging attached to it? Did it?

there is a collection of people (and i'm one) who posted that they'd understand having to pay a premium to support legacy panel replacement.

now it's our turn to be true to our words :) not that we're encouraging a premium ;)

Was almost certain to deviate from ML on my next purchase. This announcement changes things. Will definitely consider ML once upgraditis hits. Good customer service is important to most. Even just the thought of it.

Thanks, Justin. I appreciate that. I am just glad that current management is willing to listen to their loyal long-term customers and make the difficult decisions that are necessary to uphold the value of the brand. It wasn't easy for them to reverse this decision and I am highly impressed that they did.

And thanks also to Tom, for providing this incredible community for all us malcontents and rabble rousers. How else could our voices have been heard?

While I can't say that ML's earlier decision to suspend support on some products was the main influence on my decision to purchase Wilsons rather than CLXs (it was mainly due to room size), I can't deny that there was some influence.

Last edited:
Back