Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifetime Service for MartinLogan Products

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.P View Post
    Thanks and I still have mine ordered..

Big move Professionally. Way to step up. Whats Rich gonna do now EAT CROW .. I hear its good while listening to Martin Logan speakers!
    Dammit Chris I was going to say something to similarish effect... not quite so harsh but hey

Maybe it had something to do with the positive vibe edict I was trying to get Rich into, and Todd so excellently followed. Who knows?
    Last edited by User211; 01-05-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Default Certainly have redeemed yourselves!

Way to go ML - was about NOT to buy a set of CLS's - will now comfortably go ahead! Your customers from around the world are grateful for a monumental revision of policy! Thanks from South Africa!

Super User

Hey Justin -- Way to Go!!!

A Very smart decision by ML. Sound like someone's actually out there listening.

Thanks! This is terrific news, and quite likely changes my pending decision regarding selection of my next speakers.

Justin,

this is exactly what many have been expecting from the get go, and more than some have been expecting - thank you and the powers that be for stepping up to the plate.

You have truly retunred ML to a place among the high-end companies that are in it for the sound and not just for buck.

kudos.
    CLS system here.

walk gently. leave a good impression.

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.P View Post
    Whats Rich gonna do now EAT CROW .. I hear its good while listening to Martin Logan speakers!
    Actually, it appears to be Justin and ML management that are eating crow right now. And for that matter, all you guys that made excuses for why they couldn't possibly provide lifetime support in this economy and saying those of us complaining about it should just shut up, yada yada yada, ought to be doing the same. That includes you, Chris.

As for me, I feel quite vindicated in my dissent on this subject. Had I and others not spoken out so vehemently against this policy, I have little doubt ML would have continued in the wrong direction. As Jefferson said, dissent is the highest form of patriotism. Personally, I think those who would quash reasonable dissent are fools. But I digress.

I congratulate current management for seeing the error of their decision and taking the difficult steps necessary to correct it. This kind of decision-making will go a long way toward elevating the perception of the brand and re-establishing Martin Logan as a legendary speaker manufacturer. My personal perception of current management has just been enormously upgraded, to say the least. I appreciate both the apology and the policy revision, and I offer my sincere respect to the people who made it happen. At this point, I have to say that I will certainly consider another Martin Logan speaker when I decide to upgrade my Summits. And I am happy to be able to make that statement.

Thank you, Martin Logan management, for doing the right thing by your customers and living up to the level of commitment to customer service set by Gayle Sanders. We, your loyal customers and fan base, greatly appreciate it.
    Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

Default Wow

Justin,
    I must say that this is phenomenal news and I applaud Martin Logan for once again proving that they support their user base without reservation.

I'm sure that this decision required quite a bit of executive buy-in and I give a whole-hearted THANK YOU to you and those in your organization that enabled such a Customer-Focused decision to be made in such a short period of time.

Once again, my eyes and ears are clearly focusecd on ML for my future electrostatic needs and not elsewhere.

CHEERS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tsv_1 View Post
    This news is so good, I'm going to change my will to specify burial in a CLX shipping box.
    Don't forget to also specify the shipping company to be used to ship the stiff to the burial site.

Wow - this reminds me of what ML always was. What great news, and how big of a company to stand up and admit an incorrect decision, then promptly correct it!

Justin - on a personal note - I can only thank you for taking the time to participate in these forums, listen, and pass on what customers are saying.

Seriously, after the previous announcement, I knew my next speakers wouldn't be Martin Logan. I had a listen to some ProAcs but didn't like them. This changes things for the better. Some Spires might be coming my way in 2011.
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Classé CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DEQ2496 --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

Justin , excellent news I want to applaud you and the management for admitting to a mistake and making it right !!

It shows character to admit your company made a bad business decision.

Thanks it makes my next speaker purchase an easy one now ML all the way

Smile

Thanks Justin, makes life easier for me as ML Quest owner !
    DJSMIT

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Had I and others not spoken out so vehemently against this policy, I have little doubt ML would have continued in the wrong direction.
    Without wishing to inflate Rich's ego, and making Chris puke too strongly, I was actually thinking exactly this.

Credit where credit is due, so to speak.

Anyway, this is good news. Not necessarily so much for the few who actually were affected by the previous decision to discontinue support for a few models, but for the positive vibes this spreads through the ML community as a whole.

I don't think this would have happened without the presence of the internet allowing such ease of customer feedback. Indeed, should ML even begin to get close to what it cost me to refurbish one of the best planars ever made to better than new status, you can count me as a future customer. Unlikely, but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Don't forget to also specify the shipping company to be used to ship the stiff to the burial site.
    Good point. I may even spring for white-glove delivery, unpacking, and installation. What the hell, right?

Now, what epitaph to put on the headstone... hmmmmmm.

How about... "Cold earth below and more earth above, but I lie here quite contented since ML admitted their blunder, reversed their decision, did what was right, and showed us all love"

To wordy? Need to work on the cadence a bit too.

I don't post here often, but this is of course, great news. My reQuests are now 12 years old (and still totally awesome) and it's been a concern of mine when the announcement was originally made, tho I wasn't really certain if mine were included. I'm sure you will now have many more returning customers.

Great course change!

Wayner

Justin,

Many thanks!

I'm greatly relieved knowing my beloved Requests will continue to
    impress me as much in the future as they do now.

I've heard other speakers that sound good, just not good enough to
    make me consider changing.

You guys made a great business decision. I think the best (and cheapest)
    form of advertisement is word-of-mouth. Friends and family that have
    listened to my system have had nothing but praise for ML speakers!
    Request,Preface,Cinema i,Klipsch RS-42 rear,Velodyne
    SPL1200,CT120-subs,B&K200.2-panels,CarverM4.0T-
    woofers,CarverPM175-Preface,DenonAVR3808-pro-
    cessor,rear surrounds(Klipsch RS-42)NAD542CD,Denon
    160MC w/NAD TT,Oppo BDP 83,SonyXBR4 LCD

Thanks Martin Logan - you have proven yourself worthy of your long held reputation

I know that i was very concerned about the future of my speakers, although not on the extinct list just yet. If this decision was not reversed, it would have been only a matter of time. I went from very concerned to once again proud to be an owner of Martin Logan speakers.

Now if only it will not cost $10K to replace the panels when the time comes.

And thanks to Rich, and all the other members, who emphasized the importance of continued support. Clearly, this debate influenced their decision.

Tom, you really created something wonderful here, on many levels.
    Marantz SA11S1->Lexicon MC-12B ->Sunfire 5200-> Carver TFM-25 (rear)-> Aeon i (Bi-amp'd); Cinema i; Bose 10.2 (rear); Depth (Front); Infinity ES-2 (LFE)