Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Lifetime Service for MartinLogan Products

Thanks especially as a first time owner and loving my Ethos above and beyond any other speaker I've had.

I will say this with due respect to Marketing, I'd like to see a genuine message from the CEO of ML saying the company he or she leads had messed up. Demonstrating commitment to customer satisfaction as a principle backed up by lifetime service says a lot to me as a customer.

Either way thanks for standing in front of your excellent products.

I am curious as to exactly how this policy equates. does it only apply to the original purchaser? what is covered and what is not? I am a recent new owner of a very mint pair of ML Quest Z. They currently have no problems functionally and only aesthetic issue is that the panels seem to have slid down which in turn made the grilles slide down. I am just trying to learn more about these speakers and company. They sound amazing! If the company is anywhere near as good as their sound, it is a fantastic company.

Best horses mouth description of services would come from our service department. Call 785 749 0133, go to service, they will help with your simple problem and expand on the service question.

From ML:

Due to some confusion we want to clarify the above information. Lifetime service is not a lifetime warranty. Lifetime service means is that our service department will work with MartinLogan owners to help resolve issues on every product we’ve made, even if the product is out of warranty. This is not a guarantee that we will have parts on hand to fix every product we’ve made since 1983. Nor do products that are out of warranty receive free service parts. However, for example, if you have a Monolith II from the 80’s (true story—we still see these come in for service repairs) we will do our best to help keep these legacy products operational. In many cases we still have parts on hand that can be used to fix legacy speakers like this should the owner desire to invest in the necessary parts. Long story short, if your product is out of warranty and you want to fix an issue, reach out to our team and we will work with you to help resolve the problem.
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by TomDac View Post
    From ML:

Due to some confusion we want to clarify the above information. Lifetime service is not a lifetime warranty. Lifetime service means is that our service department will work with MartinLogan owners to help resolve issues on every product we’ve made, even if the product is out of warranty. This is not a guarantee that we will have parts on hand to fix every product we’ve made since 1983. Nor do products that are out of warranty receive free service parts. However, for example, if you have a Monolith II from the 80’s (true story—we still see these come in for service repairs) we will do our best to help keep these legacy products operational. In many cases we still have parts on hand that can be used to fix legacy speakers like this should the owner desire to invest in the necessary parts. Long story short, if your product is out of warranty and you want to fix an issue, reach out to our team and we will work with you to help resolve the problem.
    Just a thought Tom... do they have a list of speakers they DO NOT have parts for? In other words.... lifetime service to me would indicate that they are committed to servicing a product for the lifetime of it.... which would mean having available parts to do so... If they no longer have parts for a product - it would seem lifetime service is in fact 'lip service'?? Don't mean to stir the hornets nest... but, they should put a list of product that they do not have available parts on I would think....unless that is somewhere and I am unaware...If I recall the Logos was one of those products??. thanks tim.

Default Thanks for the support and clarification!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomDac View Post
    From ML:

I just returned from a 5 year stint overseas and I'll be bringing in my Prodigy's for panels sometime in '18....looking forward to getting that done!!

Thanks again!

Mark Levinson No. 27 - Musical Fidelity 308cr
    ML Prodigy's - Linn LP12 - Basik Plus - Valhalla
    Benz Micro Cart.