Lifetime Service for MartinLogan Products

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spikes and cones. oregondv.com

GG

Hi Gordon,
I allready contacted them as I read about them in one of your former posts.
Unfortunately they don't deliver to Germany.
My Problem is that it's nearly impossible to get adjustable spikes with a 1/4" thread here in Europe...

The real bad thing is: after more half a year, the panels still didn´t arrive!
According to Dana they were shipped in early November...
Does anybody consider a delivery time of > 6 months reasonable?

This is common practice with Audio Components. I once had to wait 7 months for replacment panels for my CLS. and another 9 months to get my Krell amp returned from repair. I had several phone conversations to urge and every time, they did not even remember my order. As I am living close to the swiss border, I decided to ask a swiss dealer and: it took him one (!!!) week to get my panels.

Br
johann

Hmm, Switzerland would only be a 2 hour ride...
At the moment I´m glad that my old panels do still work alltough they´re weakining in heights and distort at higher levels.
If I imagine having ordered spareparts for non working ones and would have to live > 6 moths without speakers...
Doesn´t help me but makes me feel a little better to know that I´m not the only one - thanks Johann!

For Logos owners; I just put a new membrame in mine Logos . You don't need special tools and it is not difficult and the Logos playes maybe better then a new one .If ML don't repair them you have to do it by your self ,right ? I shall make a topic bij DIY if interested I shall tell how to do it.

Oke ,I will do that ,I'am now testing the Logos ,if it goes like it schould be I schall make the story incl pictures.

Spikes and cones. oregondv.com

GG

Gordon i have a pair of Summits and i m wondering what size spikes i would need to raise the panel in a 90 degree vertical position. Do u happen to know or anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Woofer covers / grills for Ascent / Odyssey

I am not sure whether to post this here or in DYI, so I may do both.
I have a pair of Ascent's which I enjoy a lot. The problem is, the cloth/plastic mesh panels that cover the woofers are getting long in the tooth (especially after a couple of house moves etc.). Can anyone help me with a way to:
1. Source a couple of replacements
2. A service that would recover them or replace them with something esthetically and socially similar?

The reason I ask also, is that I have my eye on a pair of used Odyssey's which will have the same issue.

Thank you for ay feedback / insight you can provide.

needed new panels ?

If you needed new panels ask Trevor from Guildford audio (Guildford , Surrey in the UK ) Friendly in prices and person ! off Martin Logan dealer.:bowdown:

Last edited:
Thanks but:
1. I am in California.
2. I'm not looking for panels, but rather the cloth/plastic covers that clip onto the woofers underneath the electrostatic panels.

I'm a new owner of a pair of vintage reQuests and have already used your customer service refurbishing them. Proud to be a part of this family, always been a dream to own ML's. I feel more secure my investment is protected now. I can see this is just the beginning for me… on to surround speakers, etc.

Pvonosta, have you tried contacting ML? I purchased replacements a few years ago for my ascents from them directly. I think they were about 40 bucks each.

Thanks especially as a first time owner and loving my Ethos above and beyond any other speaker I've had.

I will say this with due respect to Marketing, I'd like to see a genuine message from the CEO of ML saying the company he or she leads had messed up. Demonstrating commitment to customer satisfaction as a principle backed up by lifetime service says a lot to me as a customer.

Either way thanks for standing in front of your excellent products.

I am curious as to exactly how this policy equates. does it only apply to the original purchaser? what is covered and what is not? I am a recent new owner of a very mint pair of ML Quest Z. They currently have no problems functionally and only aesthetic issue is that the panels seem to have slid down which in turn made the grilles slide down. I am just trying to learn more about these speakers and company. They sound amazing! If the company is anywhere near as good as their sound, it is a fantastic company.

Best horses mouth description of services would come from our service department. Call 785 749 0133, go to service, they will help with your simple problem and expand on the service question.

From ML:

Due to some confusion we want to clarify the above information. Lifetime service is not a lifetime warranty. Lifetime service means is that our service department will work with MartinLogan owners to help resolve issues on every product we’ve made, even if the product is out of warranty. This is not a guarantee that we will have parts on hand to fix every product we’ve made since 1983. Nor do products that are out of warranty receive free service parts. However, for example, if you have a Monolith II from the 80’s (true story—we still see these come in for service repairs) we will do our best to help keep these legacy products operational. In many cases we still have parts on hand that can be used to fix legacy speakers like this should the owner desire to invest in the necessary parts. Long story short, if your product is out of warranty and you want to fix an issue, reach out to our team and we will work with you to help resolve the problem.

From ML:

Due to some confusion we want to clarify the above information. Lifetime service is not a lifetime warranty. Lifetime service means is that our service department will work with MartinLogan owners to help resolve issues on every product we’ve made, even if the product is out of warranty. This is not a guarantee that we will have parts on hand to fix every product we’ve made since 1983. Nor do products that are out of warranty receive free service parts. However, for example, if you have a Monolith II from the 80’s (true story—we still see these come in for service repairs) we will do our best to help keep these legacy products operational. In many cases we still have parts on hand that can be used to fix legacy speakers like this should the owner desire to invest in the necessary parts. Long story short, if your product is out of warranty and you want to fix an issue, reach out to our team and we will work with you to help resolve the problem.

Just a thought Tom... do they have a list of speakers they DO NOT have parts for? In other words.... lifetime service to me would indicate that they are committed to servicing a product for the lifetime of it.... which would mean having available parts to do so... If they no longer have parts for a product - it would seem lifetime service is in fact 'lip service'?? :) Don't mean to stir the hornets nest... but, they should put a list of product that they do not have available parts on I would think....unless that is somewhere and I am unaware...If I recall the Logos was one of those products??. thanks tim.

Latest posts

Back