Lifetime Service for MartinLogan Products

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the support and clarification!!

From ML:

Due to some confusion we want to clarify the above information. Lifetime service is not a lifetime warranty. Lifetime service means is that our service department will work with MartinLogan owners to help resolve issues on every product we’ve made, even if the product is out of warranty. This is not a guarantee that we will have parts on hand to fix every product we’ve made since 1983. Nor do products that are out of warranty receive free service parts. However, for example, if you have a Monolith II from the 80’s (true story—we still see these come in for service repairs) we will do our best to help keep these legacy products operational. In many cases we still have parts on hand that can be used to fix legacy speakers like this should the owner desire to invest in the necessary parts. Long story short, if your product is out of warranty and you want to fix an issue, reach out to our team and we will work with you to help resolve the problem.

I just returned from a 5 year stint overseas and I'll be bringing in my Prodigy's for panels sometime in '18....looking forward to getting that done!!

Thanks again!

I've contacted Absolute Sounds in the UK to find out.
Hi, can someone tell me what this means in practical terms for me?
I am the original owner of a pair of Aeruis-i and I reckon they could do with a full service.
Who do I contact and how much should it set me back roughly?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Justin,

Well I have to be honest with you...I bought a pair of Martin Logan Vista Tower Speakers, a Cinema I center speaker and an Abyss Sub Woofer. I bought them from a friend and I called your customer service number 2 times....I was told both times to give them email address and phone number and someone would contact me for 2 issues I'm having. First one is I'm in search of a Wall Mount Bracket for my Cinema I Center Speaker. My friend couldn't find it. I even asked for the prints for the Wall Mount Bracket so I could take them to a Metal Laser Cutting Company and try and have one made. Second, I was wondering why I keep blowing the fuse in the Sub as soon as I turn the power button on. The sub itself moves and it's not locked up...I read an article about the Sub there have been some issues with the internal power supply. So here I am on this site looking for help in both the issues I have stated above BECAUSE your people never contacted me back. Somewhat disappointing considering. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. Please change my mind about your customer service please. . Speakers sound awesome even without the Sub but it would be nice complete the system. Little Help Please. Thanks in advance.

Jeff
678-617-1583
[email protected]

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that you are having an issue with return call/email. I have always had the opposite experience. Email has always been the following day, and sometimes included a return phone call.

There's a rep in your area of the country named Dennis, maybe ask for him to call you.

Jeff, I contacted our service manager who assured me that Ron as been in touch with you on June 5th -- if that's not the case, please let me know and I can reach out again to see what the issue is. Typically our small service team gets back to each and every request in a reasonable amount of time, so apologies if this wasn't your experience.

Let me know if I can help further or if Ron has addressed your issues.

Best,
-Justin

Justin,

Well I have to be honest with you...I bought a pair of Martin Logan Vista Tower Speakers, a Cinema I center speaker and an Abyss Sub Woofer. I bought them from a friend and I called your customer service number 2 times....I was told both times to give them email address and phone number and someone would contact me for 2 issues I'm having. First one is I'm in search of a Wall Mount Bracket for my Cinema I Center Speaker. My friend couldn't find it. I even asked for the prints for the Wall Mount Bracket so I could take them to a Metal Laser Cutting Company and try and have one made. Second, I was wondering why I keep blowing the fuse in the Sub as soon as I turn the power button on. The sub itself moves and it's not locked up...I read an article about the Sub there have been some issues with the internal power supply. So here I am on this site looking for help in both the issues I have stated above BECAUSE your people never contacted me back. Somewhat disappointing considering. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. Please change my mind about your customer service please. . Speakers sound awesome even without the Sub but it would be nice complete the system. Little Help Please. Thanks in advance.

Jeff
678-617-1583
[email protected]

Hi guys

I was checking with ML for some parts
- Descent - no spare parts
- Descent i - only a power supply and a woofer

How does this works with the lifetime support???

I have been emailing them regarding an issue with my Depth i sub. It seems with Covid-19 that they are very lightly staffed. The service department has not been able to help me with my problem. In the past I talked on the phone with a really great service man that helped me with my Prodigy issue. We must have spent more than an hour total and I really appreciated that. If you are having problems now I think it is because of the darn virus.

It was explained to me that staffing is very light now and that it would be some time before they could get back to me to help. My sub is of course out of warranty so I might guess that newer products that are under warranty get prime attention, and rightly so.

My sub is working, just that once in a while it will make a crackling sound through the 3 speakers. It is very sporadic. I think its something with the amp but just dont know for sure. There are other components too. It makes the sound even when stereo/amp is turned off, no signal coming in at all. Once it make a loud thump sound. Most of the time it sounds just fine. The sub has been doing this now for the last 3 years or so I think, lost track. Its not a real common occurance.

I am hoping that they get back to me soon.

I have been emailing them regarding an issue with my Depth i sub. It seems with Covid-19 that they are very lightly staffed. The service department has not been able to help me with my problem. In the past I talked on the phone with a really great service man that helped me with my Prodigy issue. We must have spent more than an hour total and I really appreciated that. If you are having problems now I think it is because of the darn virus.

It was explained to me that staffing is very light now and that it would be some time before they could get back to me to help. My sub is of course out of warranty so I might guess that newer products that are under warranty get prime attention, and rightly so.

My sub is working, just that once in a while it will make a crackling sound through the 3 speakers. It is very sporadic. I think its something with the amp but just dont know for sure. There are other components too. It makes the sound even when stereo/amp is turned off, no signal coming in at all. Once it make a loud thump sound. Most of the time it sounds just fine. The sub has been doing this now for the last 3 years or so I think, lost track. Its not a real common occurance.

I am hoping that they get back to me soon.
Take heart - it takes a month, but they did get back to me - replacement vista panels (pair) are just under $2k plus shipping - hafta make them special - not in stock. Shower time!

Not bad. If I recall correctly they sold for 4k as new. So still worth it seems.
I hope that the Prodigy panels are not $5000! Probably not worth fixing in that case. I think the panels on my Prodigies might be going out some, they are 20 years old.

I'll add to the thread. I'm reinstating an old pair of Aerius speakers I bought new in 1995, and one of the panels had suffered some "deficiencies" for a couple years before I put them in the garage. Two new panels quoted from Ron for under $1k delivered, and he estimated 14 weeks to build. I think it was about 10 days after the initial email that he let me know they're about to ship.

Overall, it was an excellent experience.

And now I have the itch to seriously upgrade, so I was asking about the Basalt Black finish on the 11a and 13a. Ron looped in Justin who quickly answered all my questions about that finish.

I simply can't imagine better service than what I've recently received from them.

Mike

I just received replacement panels for my Odysseys, price was $1900. All communication with ML was by email and all replies from them were within one day. I've bought three pairs of MLs since 1990 (Sequel II, Odyssey, Theos) and in my experiences ML service has been consistently excellent. I'm currently running the Odyssey woofers with a pair of Hypex power amps that have output level controls and equalization capability, so I asked about bypassing the crossover for the woofers. They politely recommended against it, but I might try it anyway as it won't hurt the woofers and can be easily undone.

Bob

Hello and Greetings from Finland!
I have buied used ML Summit speakers, I was little supriced about the sound. How I can check that my panels are good conditition?
Those are so rare in Finland, so not possible to test and compare.
I am Electric engineer and have RTA measurement equipment. and oscillosscope.

Hello and Greetings from Finland!
I have buied used ML Summit speakers, I was little supriced about the sound. How I can check that my panels are good conditition?
Those are so rare in Finland, so not possible to test and compare.
I am Electric engineer and have RTA measurement equipment. and oscillosscope.
If the panels are bad it is obvious - there will be very little high frequency audio volume. The speaker will sound boomy and muffled.

If you want to be more scientific, you can use REW software to measure the frequency response. The Summit has a crossover at 270Hz. If the panels are bad and need replacing you will see the frequency response drop by over 10dB above 270Hz.

I'd think you can just run the processors room correction program and see how the room response looks.
Yeah, when I ran Audyssey on my panels that were shot, it sounded good after that, but the amp gain had to be turned up by +12 db or whatever the highest that Marantz goes. It was maxed out and the volume level sounded normal then. Probably pretty hard on my nice amp. I was stupid. Oh, and Audyssey cranked the bass volume down from the woofer so that my sub was making all the bass basically.

Yeah, when I ran Audyssey on my panels that were shot, it sounded good after that, but the amp gain had to be turned up by +12 db or whatever the highest that Marantz goes. It was maxed out and the volume level sounded normal then. Probably pretty hard on my nice amp. I was stupid. Oh, and Audyssey cranked the bass volume down from the woofer so that my sub was making all the bass basically.
+12dB would mean your amp is using 16X the power it would normally need with good panels (each +3dB requires doubling of power). That means a 300W amp would be equivalent to an 18W amp. And yes Audyssey would crank down the bass to get it to match the panel's frequencies, then crank up everything by 12dB (the max it can do).

Latest posts

Back