Quest panel replacement or other ML's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsmit

Reaction score
I own ML Quest's march 1992, panels never replaced. Should I replace panels one more time (considering the ML announcement about discontinuing replacement panels) or just look for new ML's in the same range ? Replacement of panels will cost me about 2200 USD in total.

Confused. "never replaced", "replace one more time"

Any, for $2200 USD, what will that get you as far as new ML speakers go? Will they be as good, for you, as the Quest? I doubt it. How much more than $2200 will you have to spend in order to get something comperable?

Value wise, replacing the panels is without a question the way to go. Even sound quality wise (at $2200).

In a couple of years, I'll be replacing the panels on my ReQuest as I did already last year on my SQL2. For me, in the US, the ReQuest replacement panels and shipping is under $1,000 and I would pay $2200 over spending something like $6000 for new ML.

But, I am a poor soul who can't afford to be upgrading all the time. So I come here to be ooohed and awwwed by viewing everyones beautiful systems! So yeah, maybe now, come to think of it, you should get something new! Besides, isn't it too late to buy them now? Just make sure to post plenty of pictures when you do! :) Ooooh, Ahhhh!! (Scent of a New Set of Martins - "Whoo-ah. Hah!")

Replacement = new speaker again

My 5c worth having a brand new set of stators boxed ready to install on my Quest Z's............find a dealer in the US who is willing to ship or use a US address to forward from, like this one.

http://www.xbship.com/global/?gclid=CMr91-Dno6YCFQpvbAod2Aw_mA

The box is not heavy for courier.

I would be surprised if you paid US $2,200 with local duty and shipping.

I always found Europe to be insanely expensive for US hifi products and always found ways to buy in the US and ship privately.

Does anyone have experience as to the longevity of the woofer? I wonder if it is worth replacing at the same time and at what cost?

Fjeff

Buy panels and ship

Hi Jeff, yep, it is expensive over here !
Any suggestions for a dealer who might ship panels ?
Can I replace them myself ?

Back