"Gidday" from New Zealand

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krazikiwi

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I just joined this last week.

I am an incurable 'stat' owner having started with Magnaplanars ( finally retired and gifted 4 years ago after 28 long years of ownership), Quad ESL57's ( still have both pairs!) and having settled on various pairs of Martin Logans ( all of which are in service around the house).

Happy to share ideas on creating synergistic audio systems with differing 'personalities' to suit differing tastes and cultures with MLs on the receiving end of them.

I consider MLs to be a compromise as hybrids in an imperfect world that get enough things right that one can grow old with them, they are however brutal in revealing shortcomings of the gear and material driving them. There are of course many ways up the mountain and my views are but some of them.

If you like live concerts involving voice, piano, wood and wind then MLs should be in the short list along with the other 2 brands mentioned above that are still with us after all these years. IMHO.

As always it is about the music with a healthy dose of inquisitiveness on the HI FI technology front.

Looking forward to swapping war stories and ML experiences with music recommendations. Thanks for setting up this forum guys.

Fjeff in the Land of Hobbits and sheep

Welcome Fjeff (or is it Jeff?)

Great to have someone with your extensive panel-exposure on board.

Cheers, Todd

Tubes

Hi Steve,

I have always loved tubes but not the maintenance thereof, however one of my Quad systems is the valved II Series with Quad ESL 57's with an early Michell Gyrodec, Helius Orion arm and Teac P1/D1 Transport/DAC.

Just magic considering the age of this historic 1950's valve gear.

One of my daughters is going to inherit this system

Welcome to the site.....hope you're not getting doused like the folks in Australia.....do you have in your inventory Aerius / Aeon??

ML inventory

We do get some of the Aussie storms here and had some flooding this last week but Not on the scale they did, just lost a few campsites, bridges and closed main roads.

I use Quest z's on the main system, the dining room has Ascent i's, my wife's system has Scenarios and the home theatre has Ascents, Aeons, Theatre i and the Descent.

I am passionate about 'stats'!

Jeff

Last edited:
Back