False mls club system pictures being used on the bay

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2beornot2bop

Reaction score
Someone is using CAP's system pic, with the red background and krell gear, to sell their used CLS's currently on the bay.

I knew I'd seen that system pic somewhere. I 'spose the seller meant no harm, but the least he could do is ask for permission, unless of course he did ask for permission to use the pic. In any event he doesn't provide a disclaimer that the photo he's using are not the actual speakers for sale. I 'spose this would not be the first time member system photos were used for someone's own purpose.

How's this for garbled?

"Before i learned how to use and attach a pic to my ad I only took the one pic Of My Speakers Which are the ones pictured Here But I Found An auction While i was Comparing my speakers to a fellow and the only other person i could find that had a pair Identical to mine minus the stands on Ebay on a Completed listing and I Thought It was a Great Picture And His Ad Expired And I Felt It Didn't Misrepresent My Listing and Show major differences between his pair and mine except the homemade stands he made for his....You Have to remember these speakers are pretty Vintage and Their aren't A lot Of Pairs To Research or compare to or get pics of and i was having Jpeg attach probes between my camera and comp for my listing,,,Hopefully That will clear Things Up.......Todd"

That implies Chris sold his... I know he seemed to be becoming less and less enamoured with ML. Maybe he did. Advanced search for completed listings doesn't reveal Chris's speakers, though.

Last edited:
I've seen this happen in the past, as I regularly watch ebay for ML stuff. I've actually had photos of my PS Audio cables that I was selling taken and used for a number of other auctions for the same cables.:wtf:

My experience has been that most of these auctions have been scams. For the most part they are very easy to recognize as not right. I'm sure ebay removed the particular auction with C.A.P's photos because it was recognized as fraudulent.

I do know C.A.P and I believe one of his last posts was that he had just ordered replacement panels. I can't see him selling his ML's.

I was informed by the poster of this and YES I reported it. I am and still have my gear. I do have new panels coming from ML. Its a shame that people will scam other people for their own greed. In tough times you do not get ahead by cheating and scamming. Karma has a way of catching up !

Merry Christmas to all!

I've seen this happen in the past, as I regularly watch ebay for ML stuff. I've actually had photos of my PS Audio cables that I was selling taken and used for a number of other auctions for the same cables.:wtf:

Same here, I had a nice page on the Sony TAP-9000ES on my personal web site, and for a few years every ebay auction for one of those pulled from my page. I was wondering why certain images had >15K 'views' a week. turns out it was eBay postings ...

Back