Service Notice for Discontinued Products

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But for how many more years? I bet the ML brand will outlive the Sanders brand.

You can have the ML's that aren't the "Great American Speaker Company"....I'd take the Sanders which is MADE IN THE USA.

And I bet the Wal Mart brand will outlive my local hardware store brand. But I know who I would rather give my money to when I need a decent hammer.

Oh yeah!!!

And I bet the Wal Mart brand will outlive my local hardware store brand. But I know who I would rather give my money to when I need a decent hammer.

Rich, that's a good point. You are free to give your money to whom ever you want. I know we keep running over the same ground, but Gayle Sanders sold the company to an investor, not a hobbyist. They want to maximize the value of their investment. You don't seem to like it, so won't buy ML. I respect that.

But another theme in this thread is longevity of support. I wish him health and happiness, but Roger Sanders is not a young guy. How much longer will he be around? I hope a long time. But the reality is that ML will be making the electrostatic speakers a lot longer, as I don't see their $200 home theater speakers taking off as the bread and butter of the company for a long, long time.

Well...

It is a bummer. But ML is not a mom and pop shop so the $$$ reigns supreme. A good business case can probably be made for the decision.

Business cases can always be tilted to justify an end.

I wonder if they ever considered making an Xstat driver that is truly backward compatible for the aging CLS models? After the development effort, chances are the parts necessary would be from the current stock bin.

This is truly the end of an era.

It always surprises me how so many who profess to love this brand seem unable to grasp the significance of this simple statement.

Companies are born and then morph or die. I think people are just at different phases of the Kubler-Ross model.

Sanders Sound Systems is a corporation. As with any corporation, personnel will change from time to time. When Roger finally retires, the corporation will continue.
Happy New Year!
Angela

Just to be clear....

It always surprises me how so many who profess to love this brand seem unable to grasp the significance of this simple statement.

My love affair with elecrostatics started at a very young age predating ML by a number of years. That said, I've been an ML faithful for over 20 years. My reference system is not likely to all of a sudden change just because ML decides to stop supporting us. That's just plain silly...
There are plenty of opportunities out there that offer the allure of electrostatic sound, but none have yet to prove themselves worthy of my undivided attention

My love and respect of the CLS' performance is evident in every article and review I write. That is also not likely to change. :bowdown:

Sorry to burst your bubble but...

Sorry to hijack the thread, but, is this true? If so, is there a cross-reference chart or something like that to go by for interchangeable parts? I'd think that'd be very handy.

The SL3 and Sequel 2 panels are definitely not interchangeable. The SL3 panel is taller and slightly narrower. This was confirmed by Jim Power, back in the day.

I had Sequel 2's many years ago and opted to "upgrade" to Quest z's, and later, ReQuests.

As a CLS I owner I guess I'm happy to live in Germany. D.I.S. Elektrostaten in Chemnitz will service most ML electrostatic speakers and repair or completely rebuild the panels (around EUR 700 per panel IIRC).

As a CLS I owner I guess I'm happy to live in Germany. D.I.S. Elektrostaten in Chemnitz will service most ML electrostatic speakers and repair or completely rebuild the panels (around EUR 700 per panel IIRC).

ML has reversed this policy and are now servicing older equipment once more.

ML has reversed this policy and are now servicing older equipment once more.

True and how comfortable to hear..
How ever it's good to know that we are not totally depending on ML's future strategies. This "local service" could actually be as it seems a cheaper option to extend our enjoyment with our ML products. Which ever way very welcome news ;)

In one of the other forums that i read, someone came on this thread DIDN'T read the either thing or the "oops we blundered" thread and starting in state, perform no host actions, announcing how ML gear was in it's demise, this is a horrible thing and so on.

basically everything that we all said :):)

he was quickly corrected, but how many have looked at the top of this thread and moved on? It might serve Justin well to edit the first post in this thread saying that this original statement is not the current state of things.

Last edited:
In one of the other forums that i read, someone came on this thread DIDN'T read the either thing or the "oops we blundered" thread and starting in state, perform no host actions, CAPTIAN will send a zone notice for entry into the state currentannouncing how ML gear was in it's demise, this is a horrible thing and so on.

basically everything that we all said :):)

he was quickly corrected, but how many have looked at the top of this thread and moved on? It might serve Justin well to edit the first post in this thread saying that this original statement is not the current state of things.

Can't change history, only the future? :bowdown:

It might serve Justin well to edit the first post in this thread saying that this original statement is not the current state of things.

Done and done, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe a moderator can lock down this thread?

~Justin

Latest posts

Back