Well....Not a 'Z'.... but it fits me Fine !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
One very "fun" car found it's way into my driveway this weekend.........

I fit a heck of alot better in the "Stang as opposed to the 'Z' anyways

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 314
Love the color, "Arrest Me Red"

Wayne, I'll be happy just keeping tickets to a minimum !

Initial plans are to eliminate the typical Ford 4x4 stance, lower all four corners 1-2", Borla or Magnaflow 'cat back', Cold-Air-intake combined with a 'tuner' setup. This should add another 25-40 HP, for around 440 HP, equal to or better than the BOSS 302 that will be out next year.

Given the 3.73 rear it's damn near as much fun as my old Monte Carlo.

Wayne, I'll be happy just keeping tickets to a minimum !

Initial plans are to eliminate the typical Ford 4x4 stance, lower all four corners 1-2", Borla or Magnaflow 'cat back', Cold-Air-intake combined with a 'tuner' setup. This should add another 25-40 HP, for around 440 HP, equal to or better than the BOSS 302 that will be out next year.

Given the 3.73 rear it's damn near as much fun as my old Monte Carlo.

Dave , a friend of mine owns Dynolab here in Atlanta and cars with the mods you are talking about have dynoed at 405-410 at the wheels. That new 5.0 is a sweet engine with a 15- 20 percent drivetrain loss you are talking about around 490-500 crank HP!!! Bring on the Camaros and Challengers!!!!

This is the first mustang that I feel that they've done correctly. ever.

Nice car, Dave. Time to do some drag racing with Joe?

BTW I was once on a parkway quite a bit over the speed limit, saw a cop coming towards me, then in my mirror saw him make a U-turn. So I expected the worst. Instead, he passed me and stopped a red car in front of me that was doing the exact same speed as I was; my car was blue.

Looks like a sweet ride Dave. I'm sure you'll have a LOT of fun with it.

I'm stunned at how much the wheels look like the ones on my Audi Q5! Are yours 18's or 19's?

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 267
very nice Dave always liked the Mustang, equally as impressed with your driveway.some sort of coating?

Congrats Dave... she's a beaut!

My very first car back in '78 was a '69 Mustang (302). I'll never forget her!

Should I even ask about the sound-system... or is that taboo in the world of off-off-topic topics?

cars with the mods you are talking about have dynoed at 405-410 at the wheels. That new 5.0 is a sweet engine with a 15- 20 percent drivetrain loss you are talking about around 490-500 crank HP!!! Bring on the Camaros and Challengers!!!!

Larry, that's what the folks @ 'American Muscle' are telling me as well, their 2011 5.0 'mule' got into the 10.80's this past weekend @ cecil county dragway over in NJ.....that's a stock motor boys and girls with nothing but a CIA and a remap along with a '100 shot' of nitrous ! granted were talking gear changes (4.10's) along with Nitto DOT slicks.

I finished the 'cat-back' exhaust today, Fri she goes in for the lowering (Ford Racing K-Springs), after that I'm going to take my time to determine which CIA / tuner package I go with.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Larry, that's what the folks @ 'American Muscle' are telling me as well, their 2011 5.0 'mule' got into the 10.80's this past weekend @ cecil county dragway over in NJ.....that's a stock motor boys and girls with nothing but a CIA and a remap along with a '100 shot' of nitrous ! granted were talking gear changes (4.10's) along with Nitto DOT slicks.

I finished the 'cat-back' exhaust today, Fri she goes in for the lowering (Ford Racing K-Springs), after that I'm going to take my time to determine which CIA / tuner package I go with.

Dave that will be sweet my wifes Playcar>99gt 4.6 sohc with a vortech @8lbs only made 425 rwhp this new 5 litre naturally aspirated with Cat back a CAI and Tune are making near that!! Ford did this one right I may have to get myself a pony for Christmas.

Back