Estaban Salas - 18th Century Cuban Baroque

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsv_1

Reaction score
Artist: Esteban Salas
Title: Un Barroco Cubano del Siglo XVIII
Year of Release: 1996
Record Label: Jade/Milan
Genre: Classical/Baroque
An image of the title. (see below on how to include an image into your post)
Detailed review of recording.

This is an absolutely gorgeous recording of the Coro Exaudi de Cuba (Exuadi Choir of Cuba). It very nicely captures the cathedral's space and atmos. The amazingly long decay during Toquen presto a fuego (track 8) is worth the price of admission all on it's own. Stunning!

Also, I'm rather surprised that this thread has gone dormant for so long. There must be tons of great classical discs that people love and want to share. Wassupwiththat?

Attachments

• salas.jpg
    salas.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 503
Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered the CD from Amazon.

I did a few classical reviews, and got no response, so I concluded that people were not interested, and did not do any more.

I assume you are interested in Gregorian Chant too. If so I have one disk to recommend.

I did a few classical reviews, and got no response, so I concluded that people were not interested, and did not do any more.

I assume you are interested in Gregorian Chant too. If so I have one disk to recommend.

Hi Bernard,

I get the feeling that many in this forum are more jazz oriented, not that there's anything wrong with that ;)

Yes, I would love to hear your recommendation on GC music. I have several discs of that genre. To that end, I just picked up an outstanding vocal group disc, more geared toward the holiday season. I'll post it for all to see.

Cheers

Hi Bernard,

Has your copy of Esteban Salas come in yet? Of so, what do you think??

Hey Todd,

I received the Salas today. Very enjoyable. Sounds so....civilized and courtly. I can see myself enjoying it with a nice piece of cheese and a nice red (wine, laddie, not a redhead!).

Thanks again for the rec. BTW I also received the Dubeau Fairy Tales, another Bec-Helloiun, and the I Ching Symphony (will review it later). 2 used and two gifts; not a bad haul!

Back