Aerius Position

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigaudiofanatic

Reaction score
I am thinking of putting my speakers on the other side of the room. Would this help with sound being a flat wall?

IMG_0692.jpg

Where they are now
IMG_0693.jpg

I see no reason that would help unless you can get more distance from the back wall. I would think the angle behind them now would help with the rear wave somewhat.

Now the experts can chime in and shoot holes in that.:D

I see no reason that would help unless you can get more distance from the back wall. I would think the angle behind them now would help with the rear wave somewhat.

Now the experts can chime in and shoot holes in that.:D

What are your goals? The simplest fix would be to move the speakers out a bit. Then perhaps rearranging the furniture. Spikes? Then ... There is so much more that can be done and most of it costs money or effort. I think that there are a few DIY tips in the tweak section.

You could try it and see if you like it, but I suggest trying some acoustical treatment; starting with some bass traps in the front corners.

The open area to the left is more of a problem, but could easily be remedied with some absorptive panels placed on the wall to the right. The sloped ceiling is no problem. ML's have little to no vertical dispersion, so the sloped ceiling is a non-issue. The best thing you could do is get the rack and tv out from between your speakers. Beyond that, as has already been said, moving the speakers further out from the wall, and adding acoustic treatments (bass traps) in the corners would help the most.

Well you could certainly move the speakers to the other side and see if you like them there. It may make a nice difference, or be worse. It's hard to tell until you try. This is so subjective.

Room treatments almost always help, so tackling the corners and, if possible, relocating the TV would be a big first step.

erik

I bet you could wedge some absorption into the bottom corner of the sloped wall and it may not look like its there at all, it would just make the wall look more plumb if done right.

I agree that some room treatments would help immensely. I also think there are too many irregular surfaces on the sloped ceiling and the nook on the left.

Personally, I'd try the flat wall to eliminate some of the angles along with some trapping!

Gordon

Back