What to look for as a replacement for Quests

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsmit

Reaction score
Good afternoon, I own a pair of Quests for 6 years now, bought them 2nd hand. Never replaced anything, no smoking room. What would be the best replacement for them in the ML range (new or second hand) ? I have a pair of Sphinx Project 12 200W amplifiers to feed them.

I bought mine as a demo about 12 years ago. I had decided on the Summit X but have decide to be a lot more rational with my money and assist my grands in college. I ordered the Maggie 1.7. But will keep my Quests and tweak them as I feel there is a lot of potential in them.

If you want a ML speaker, a used Prodigy would be great, especially since you are used to the bigger panel. Spires are good but the Summit X was more to my taste. I thought there was more presence from the panel. ML advertisement notwithstanding, the smaller panels are not to my taste.

If you are a fiddler, the CLS can't be beat and they are going for around $1k. They are great speaker (arguably the best (excepting the CLX) with modern amplification).

If you want a ML speaker, a used Prodigy would be great, especially since you are used to the bigger panel...

They are great speaker (arguably the best (excepting the CLX).

Appologies to Robert for twisting his comments. I currently have CLX's as my mains and Prodigy's as my rears in a 7.1 system. For eight years the Prodigys were the mains and Aeon's were the rears. If you have a big enough room you can't beat the Prodigys at the current market price. Those large panels are great in large rooms. Your amps will be ok, maybe a little lite but ok.

Latest posts

Back