Can you bi-amp Vantages?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thai

Reaction score
Hey all,

As you know, i will be getting a 7-channel amp (Sunfire) next week. I hear a lot about bi-amping. However, my Vantages has a powered woofer. Can i still bi-amp? If so, then what am i bi-amping since the woofer is already powered by internal amp. Do i need to bi-amp Vantage?

Thanks all in advance!

Check the manual, under "Bi Amplification". ML does not recommend active or passive bi-amping.

You're already doing it with the Vantages

By definition, you're already bi-amping the Vantages. Your current amplifier is driving the panels and the internal amp is driving the woofers.

Spike

By definition, you're already bi-amping the Vantages. Your current amplifier is driving the panels and the internal amp is driving the woofers.

Spike

This is a question I have been meaning to ask as well.

The issue is, most people use the Current source to drive the ESL panels, and the Voltage source to drive the woofers.

How can we achieve the same affect? I mean, for power amplification, the current/voltage sources have different dynamics...how does that apply to the currect source being the passive signal to the internal amp?

This is a question I have been meaning to ask as well.

The issue is, most people use the Current source to drive the ESL panels, and the Voltage source to drive the woofers.

How can we achieve the same affect? I mean, for power amplification, the current/voltage sources have different dynamics...how does that apply to the currect source being the passive signal to the internal amp?

I think that these folks who biamp have the MLs without the self-powered woofers...so, biamping is possible.

Back