What really scares you the most?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
What really scares you guys the most? :eek:

Recently, in another very scarry "Off Topic" thread, I was reminded of my deepest fears... :eek:

Well, to make a long story short, it made me think..., what if I'm not alone... What if, other folks, in the ML Club, had some things that scared them too. What if, besides extremely bad speakers and poor sounding systems, you guys were scared by other things? :eek: :eek:

Happy Holloween

-Robin

Ok, you want to know what scared me tonight?

I'm in the family room with my 2 boys (aged 5 and 3) watching Robots for the first time and eating pop corn. My wife was in the office on ebay selling whatever stuff we no longer need or use. The 16 month old is sitting in her high chair eating a snack facing the family room watching us eat popcorn. The highchair is at the edge of the tiled kitchen floor, the family room is carpeted. I'm busting a gut because the movie pretty funny. Next thing I know I hear a very loud thump. I jumped up, looked around and found my daughter laying on her back on the family room floor. Holy $hit, she climbed out of her chair, over the tray, and landed on the floor. I'm not that religous of a man, but I thanked the Heavens above that she didn't get hurt, not even a single tear. I can only think of what might have happend if she had landed 6 inches back on the tile floor head first. I hope I can sleep tonight.

Kruppy,
I do understand. I had similar things with my kids but they survive most of the time and it is harder on the parents.
I am glad things are ok
Hang in there! They get older and just cost more. :)

Jeff :cool:

Robin said:
Walking into a Stereo Store with Credit Cards in hand.....

Hoping I can live long enough to enjoy the retirement I am saving up for....

That my kids learn from my stupid mistakes and don't make the same ones....

Plus many others.....

Robin said:
-Robin

Driving at 240kph on the Autobahn for an extended period of time.

Two more from me....

1) Knowing that I have to work for the next 25-30 years....Maybe longer, depends on how bad I get upgraditus.

2) My wife, when I have upgraditus. One of these days I think she is going to prematurely end my life after a equipment purchase.

Those words nobody wants to hear

"Honey we have to talk"

chris03053 said:
YEAH BABY! (just keep an extra pair of briefs with you) :)

Chris, Yes it's fun even in a 500 SL (Not to Mention a Ferrari) I just hate not being in control and sitting in the passenger seat for 6 hours, albeit Austria has some sweet curves. Cheers...from your white knuckled friend!

First dates that after things have gone real well and we are getting to know each other better, after a few cocktails and heavy kissing, ask...

Would you ever think about having more children? :eek: :eek: :eek:

More Children....

MarkNewbie said:
First dates that after things have gone real well and we are getting to know each other better, after a few cocktails and heavy kissing, ask...

Would you ever think about having more children? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mark,

Very scarry indeed...

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
The Quantum Vortex! :eek: :eek: :eek:

-Robin

I don't think it was meant to have that affect, perhaps shaving your head and wearing an orange toga.:D

Latest posts

Back