ML's With Audio Prism Ground Control

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOON

Reaction score
I recently added Audio Prism ground control to the negative post of the stator panel after reading many positive reviews of the product and following serveral forum topics on audiogon and audio assylum.

The improvements were not subtle by any means, increased soundstage and air, increased detail that was previously obscured. The main thing though is the music sounded more real and had a better natural flow to it. I am impressed. Here is the Audio Prism site http://www.audioprism.com/

You can talk to the inventer ( user name budp ) of the product on this thread if you have any questions. http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?htech&1265474015&&&/Did-anyone-experience-Audio-Prism-s-Grou There are also reviews at http://www.stereotimes.com/comm031810.shtml & http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/groundcontrol/groundcontrol.html

There is a 30 day money back guarantee from www.musicdirect.com ,you can also buy them at www.elusivedisc.com

For members in Canada, such as myself and ( Bernard & Radical Steve, Rich ) you can purchase them at www.simcoesound.com, excellent people to deal with - owners Scott & Vickey.

Just thought I would pass this on. They are an absolute bargain for the difference in improved sound that you get. The set I bought is the standard ground control. I will be putting another set on for the bass and a set at the amp as well.

Cheers, Greg

Attachments

• gc02.jpg
    gc02.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,803
  • gc03.jpg
    gc03.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,774
Last edited:
Bud Purvine, the inventor of the product says you can dyi but you probably woundn't get close to results of his product. For the price you guy's can get them in the States at $149 a set , why bother ? I tell you this, if you hook a pair up to the negative post of both stators , you will be in for a huge upgrade in sound!!

I can't wait to do the bass and amp also after the results of just one set of ground control.

Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
Added pictures to first post so members could get a look at the ground control on the speakers.

Cheers, Greg

Here is a link from a DIY site. I am slowly wading through this. Bud has quite a few posts.

Greg, do you know if they have a money-back policy if you decide to not keep them ?

Hi Bernard,

www.musicdirect.com in the States has a 30 day money back guarantee on them. They are $175 shipping included from the www.simcoesound.com link in Canada in my first post with a $5.30 paypal charge.

I failed to mention , these things require a good hour break in and improve further after that, although the differences were easily heard right away.

I guarantee you wouldn't be sending them back.It's that much of a difference for the better in every aspect.I know it's a lot of reading, but you may want to look at the audiogon forum link and the reviews, also if you google Bud Purvine's name , quite a bit of imfo comes up.

Cheers, Greg

Greg, I remember reading somewhere recently that what people hear as an improvement is really a result of contacts effectively being cleaned when you disconnect an old cable and connect a new one. So I was wondering if you have tried removing the ground control and listening again. It seems strange to me that something like that can make a difference.

Hi Bernard,

I take the system down every 3 months and clean everything with Gaig pro gold,speaker cable spades, also on the ML's where the speaker spades go, power cord prongs, xlr prongs. You would be surprised the first time you clean the prongs on your ML's where the power cord plugs in.

So all connections are throughly cleaned every 3 months meticuously.Even though the cleaning helps, there has never been a change after my quaterly cleaning of contact surfaces as big in magnitude as adding the set of ground controls. It seemed strange to me also, but I stay neutral and never rule something out unless I try it. I am glad I did.

The ground control has taken my system to a whole new level, and that's with just one set.I look forward to getting the other set on the bass negative spades and at the amp also for further improvement.

Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
Hi Moon,

I bought the ground controls a few weeks ago, and heard the same positive effect as you described. I use them on my set of Purity's. It's maybe the best tweak I have ever bought.

Best regards,

Arlen

Hi Arlen,

I glad to hear you are as thrilled with the results as much as I am. Hopefully more ML members will reap the benefits of ground control.

I see you only need one set due to the internal amp.Have you considered a set for your amp? I am definately doing it after reading Ozzy's findings with ground control on the amp in the audiogon forum link I supplied in my initial post.

Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
I have considered to buy an extra set with rca plugs for my other gear (and spades for the speaker outputs of my amp), but I'm not sure yet, because Audioprism itself says the benefit of any extra ground control is less than the benefit that comes with the first set. But perhaps, when I read more reviews that prove otherwise, I will buy some extra.
And by the way, the benefit can't have anything to do with dirty binding posts. I use banana plugs on my speakers, and because the ground controls have spades, it was easy to attach them without unplugging my speaker cables.

For members in Canada, such as myself and ( Bernard & Radical Steve, Rich ) you can purchase them at www.simcoesound.com, excellent people to deal with - owners Scott & Vickey.
Greg, what's the price in Canada? I found Simcoe Sound's website really lacking - no prices, etc, just links to manufacturers' websites.

Hi Bernard,

The price for standard spade ground control from www.simcoesound,com is $175 shipping included + a $5.30 paypal fee. Just email them if you want a set and they will send the paypall link to your email so you can complete the purchase.

You could tell Scott you were talking to me if you wish. I bought my pre amp there last year and they are great people to deal with.

It would have been more expensive with shipping and the other all the other goodies tacked on buying them from elusivedisc.com in the USA.

Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
Okay Moon,

I will byte:D

I just ordered 3 sets at $250 each from Music Direct and I will give them a good test. Got the silver reference series because....well.....not sure why yet.:D

But I gotta say, if they don't deliver the goods I will be sending them back and making sure that the rent is paid. My wife always gripes at me when I spend money on tweaks instead of paying the rent.:D

I had thought about the reference ground control, but held off after reading that you may have the soundstage shrink in size a bit but get better detail retrival with the reference models over the standard ground control. I found the soundstage increased in every which way with the standard units along with all the other benefits.

I am totally impressed with the standard units.I have never heard my Martin Logans sound this good before. There is a review by user Ozzy in the Audiogon thread I have attached at the bottom of this post. It's an interesting read. Let us know how the reference models sound in your system.Bud Purvine said in some systems the reference will close down the soundstage slightly, althouh in his system he has 2 reference GC's on the speakers and a standard set on the amp. I would suggest anyone interested to read the whole audiogon thread.

Remember, if you have any questions, Bud Purvine , the inventer of ground control will be more than happy to answer them on the provided audiogon link.http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?htech&1265474015&&&/Did-anyone-experience-Audio-Prism-s-Grou

Ozzy's audiogon ground control review of both standard and reference http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?raccs&1280171827&&&/AudioPrism-Ground-Control-Tweak

Cheers,Greg

Last edited:
But I gotta say, if they don't deliver the goods I will be sending them back and making sure that the rent is paid. My wife always gripes at me when I spend money on tweaks instead of paying the rent.:D
You pay only $750 rent for your ranch ? I'm moving to Indy ! :cool:

Latest posts

Back