logos center speaker needs big power amp ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claero

Reaction score
hi everyone

does logos(old model) center speaker need a lot power ? is this model can play loud enough for ht ?

thanks a lot

I had a Logos Center channel speaker in my HT for 10 years.

It sounds great but I had it hooked up to an Adcom 5305 which I believe had about 150 watts in to 8ohms and then for the last couple of years I used a Sunfire 7400 7 channel power amp with 400 watts in to 8ohms. Never had an issue with either power amp driving the Logos.

i drove (drive) my Logos with a 100wpc Meitner monoblock. however, that's an amp known to drive awkward loads.

i have also very succesfully driven the Logos with my Macintosh MC60 tube mono block.

It has the ability to play loud but if ran full range you will overdrive it.I would personally recommend that you cross it over at 80-100hz.I currently own a Logos and think very highly of it.If you own the older version or Legacy ML speakers,I would chose the Logos.I think it matches the legacy products better than the others.

It has the ability to play loud but if ran full range you will overdrive it.I would personally recommend that you cross it over at 80-100hz.I currently own a Logos and think very highly of it.If you own the older version or Legacy ML speakers,I would chose the Logos.I think it matches the legacy products better than the others.

thanks a lot ....because not much people using martin logan in my country .....i have one more question ,do u know how long we need to replace the mid and high driver ususally ? 4 -5 years or ?

I replaced my Logos electrostatic panel and mid range woofer after 12 years.

The Logos was still working and it sounded okay, but after talking with Martin Logan Customer service, they explained that depending on the environment that the speaker lives in, the panel and woofer sound can vary with age and possibly lose something.

I had just bought some new Summits and really wanted the Logos to be the best it could be, so I replaced everthing because the speaker was 12 years old.

I would think that if the Logos is well taken care of, it would easily last 10 years just like ML customer service said. I hope that helps.

There is no set amount.I do not see the point of replacing them if the panel does not lose high frequencies or is bottoming out.I have always used my Monolith's and Logos in a smoke free enviroment with a Ion air purifier to eliminate as much dust and pollutants as possible.The Logos is powered by a Sunfire Symphonic Referance and the Monolith's by a Sunfire 2 channel amp.At the 4-ohm load they can produce 500 and 600 watts per channel.I have never felt the urge for more power or heard them strain.I am a big proponent of using crossovers and not running your speakers full range for home theater.I cross L,R, and Center over at 100hz for surround and direct the low bass to a Velodyne F1800R II for the lower bass.I do however run my Monolith's full range with the Velodyne with music.

There is no set amount.I do not see the point of replacing them if the panel does not lose high frequencies or is bottoming out.I have always used my Monolith's and Logos in a smoke free enviroment with a Ion air purifier to eliminate as much dust and pollutants as possible.The Logos is powered by a Sunfire Symphonic Referance and the Monolith's by a Sunfire 2 channel amp.At the 4-ohm load they can produce 500 and 600 watts per channel.I have never felt the urge for more power or heard them strain.I am a big proponent of using crossovers and not running your speakers full range for home theater.I cross L,R, and Center over at 100hz for surround and direct the low bass to a Velodyne F1800R II for the lower bass.I do however run my Monolith's full range with the Velodyne with music.

Hi,
I have Aerius i fronts with Logos center. Also a Dayton 12" active sub.

Should I run them all as "small" speakers in my AVR and cross them over?

I've had them set as Large full range.

I know this is an old thread...

But is there such a thing as Old in Martin Logan land?

p.s. I have the exact Monoliths that are in your Avatar, need to refoam the woofers

Hi,
I have Aerius i fronts with Logos center. Also a Dayton 12" active sub.

Should I run them all as "small" speakers in my AVR and cross them over?

I've had them set as Large full range.

I know this is an old thread...

But is there such a thing as Old in Martin Logan land?

p.s. I have the exact Monoliths that are in your Avatar, need to refoam the woofers

http://www.millersound.net

Send your monolith woofers, both of them, to millersound for repair. From what I have heard I believe they do effective job order work.

Hi,
I thought it was pretty easy to do yourself?

If you have the expertise to do the reform work yourself with 100% accuracy then of course do the refoaming yourself. Otherwise the option of millersound repair always exists.

Have fun listening to music on your great Monolith loudspeakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have the expertise to do the reform work yourself with 100% accuracy then of course do the refoaming yourself. Otherwise the option of millersound repair always exists.

Have fun listening to music on your great Monolith loudspeakers.

They have no prices on their page, do you know what they charge?

Back