Huh?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NKokemohr

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just plugged the power cords from the Summit X and turned off the tube amp –*and the system kept playing. I ran into the bathroom and breathed into the mirror. It got hazy, so apparently I wasn't dead, had to be something else.

Obviously the amp has some pretty self confident capacitors, so it was playing for a whole another while, but why can the Summit X's play without power? Don't the static panels need voltage?

Nils

The stats will play for some time due to capacitive charging. Some folks have indicated as much as an hour. I can't speak to the subwoofer amp.

I hate to beat up on a newbie, but please make the titles of all future threads more descriptive. The responses to your question is information that is useful to others when searching. A thread title of "Huh" is useless in a search.

Hi Nils, and thank you for understanding my point. The last time I made such a request I got a snarky response.

Snarky! we don't need that language floating around here, Bernard! Lets keep it PG please, (damn Canadians!) Sir.:D:D:D

Snarky! we don't need that language floating around here, Bernard! Lets keep it PG please, (damn Canadians!) Sir.:D:D:D
Gramps,

I thought that all that clean, fresh mountain air in Denver was supposed to keep you young and not affect your sensibilities; my mistake. Most humble apologies, Yoda; I will clean up my act. :D:p

Back