The importance of bass / Summit 25 and 50HZ adjustments

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi all,

Decided to take a bit of a hiatus from posting.

Just wanted to share a recent experience with the Summit bass adjustments on the back of the woofer module.

I've always been in the "too much bass negatively impacts all frequencies above" camp.

I decide to increase the bass output on both controls by about 1/8th of a db. Suffice to say I don't know why I hadn't tried this before.

Everything just popped into place. Midrange liquidity returned along with a much better foundation to the overall musical presentation.

The point, as we all know (and I just rediscovered again), is the importance of a properly balanced mid bass / bass response to achieve a coherent, engaging listening experience.

GG

Thanks, Gordon. I think we often lose sight of the importance of minute adjustments in those knobs. Especially once everything else about your setup is tuned in to perfection, careful balancing of the bass/mid balance can make a big difference. Glad to see you post again.

Back