CLS Power Amp ??????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerman

Reaction score
Hi

I need the power source/electronics module for speakers with the serial # starting with cs2h. If anyone has an idea where to get one or an amp that I can use to power these speakers please let me know.
Thanks

Are you talking about the electronic/crossover units? Or are you trying to decide what type of amplifier to use.

If it is the electronic/crossover unit, call Martin Logan. They may be able to help you. They certainly will be able to repair the units (one per speaker that you have).

If you want advice about a power unit, please take the time to search the forum. There are many recommendations here.

I picked up the speakers only @ a yard sale I do not know what I need to power them. In photos I have seen each speaker hooked up to a black box. Is this an individual power amp for each speaker?????
Thanks

I picked up the speakers only @ a yard sale I do not know what I need to power them. In photos I have seen each speaker hooked up to a black box. Is this an individual power amp for each speaker?????
Thanks
These are the power supplies and electronics to run the CLS speakers, a necessity. Rarely have I seen just the "black boxes" for sale or separated from the speakers. Good luck in your search.

That is the cross over and its non existent at Martin Logan. They may have a few parts but not enough to make the whole thing let alone the box and such. The man who would have been the best help is no longer with them. What did you buy frames and panels ?

sorry to say that you bought only part of the speakers. the crossover/electronics - ie: the "black box" - is an intrinsic part of the speaker and should never be sold without the speaker and vice versa. You probably didn't realize that.

i would go back to the seller and see if they forgot to sell/give you the boxes. after all, the boxes alone are as worthless to him as are the panels alone.

if you can't get satisfaction from there, your next best bet would be to find a set of CLS from the same generation (there were a few generations) that have damaged panels. you sometimes see them for cheap on ebay or audiogon or the such. in fact i think that there is a pair of CLS with one non working panel on ebay right now. this would get you the electronics you need.

but before you buy another set make sure that the "broken panel" is really a broken panel and that you are not buying a set with a broken crossover. that would suck.

and before you buy another set make sure that the generation of your panels match the generation of the boxes that you are buying. Martin Logan Inc can help you with that if you provide them your panel serial numbers and the potential crossover serial numbers.

good luck, really sorry that this is your introduction to CLS.

CLS' are full range panels, there is no crossover...

I believe you are talking about the power supply.
Also, I think that they can probably still be serviced by ML.

ML is not making the panels any more, but I don't think they would turn anyone away of they needed electronics repaired.

..at least, I would hope not.

I believe you are talking about the power supply.
Also, I think that they can probably still be serviced by ML.

ML is not making the panels any more, but I don't think they would turn anyone away of they needed electronics repaired.

..at least, I would hope not.

Are you saying that replacement panels are no longer for sale?

Yes considering I need a new set as of two weeks ago ! :confused:

I apologize, I guess I was mistaken... and damned happy about it too!

Sometime earlier this year, I thought I had read in this very forum that Martin Logan was no longer making CLS replacement panels. If this is not the case, then I am a very happpy camper. As I move my system up the food chain in terms of source components, I seem to discover more and more reason to love the sound of my CLS IIz's.

I spoke with Melodie at ML and they still make panels for the CLS, $1600 per pair and they will continue to make them as well.

You may reach Melodie at: [email protected]

Back