Curious improvement after buying monoblocks for Summits...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
So I hear better detail, better separation, more "ease" to the sound, but the most noticeable improvement seems to be in the bass... more defined, punchier, etc...

why would this be? The drivers are already self amplified so why would a nice powerful new amp replacing a receiver's amps have anything to do with them?

So I hear better detail, better separation, more "ease" to the sound, but the most noticeable improvement seems to be in the bass... more defined, punchier, etc...

why would this be? The drivers are already self amplified so why would a nice powerful new amp replacing a receiver's amps have anything to do with them?

Chances are the bass improvement is actually from the mid-bass / lower midrange.

Other than that did you change anything else in your setup, bass management in the AVR perhaps?

The bass frequency information the internal amps are getting is still coming from your new monoblocks. If the mono amps are giving a cleaner siginal to the summits then it is a cleaner siginal going to the bass amps. So I can understand why the bass sounds better.

Back