The wait is over!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c_morse

Reaction score
I'm not sure I've posted since I've been back to the States. Arrived about 4 weeks ago from Iraq (we flew in on Memorial Day to a huge fanfare, pretty cool). Had to mind my P's and Q's for a while and wait for the right timing, but today my roommate and I drove down to Florida and picked up my Martin Logan Summits from Mark Edmiston (Edmiston on these forums). All I can say is I can't wait to get these up and going!

The trip home was a little dicey. We were in a Ford F250, and had the speakers in their original boxes in the bed, with a tarp covering them. Of course when we got into Georgia, we hit the worst rain I've seen in a long time. I was cursing left and right and trying to make it through as quick as possible. After all that, we hit one more little storm on the way back, but the boxes didn't suffer too badly. They got a little damp on some of the corners, but upon unpacking at home and checking the speakers, they arrived completely unscathed.

It'll still be a little bit (still acquiring the last of the things I need for my 2 channel rig) before I can listen to them, but my do they seem right at home in my Living Room. As of now, they're sitting next to the 1980's Infinity QLS-1's that they're replacing. Not sure the QLS's are too happy, so that arrangement won't stay that way long, as I'm afraid they ML's might get mangled while I'm asleep.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with these, especially at the price I picked them up for. And of course I'm proud to officially be a member of the club!

-Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Welcome back.I remember your post a while back. Glad to hear you got your speakers.Remember to get some pictures for us when it's all up and running.

Cheers, Greg

Welcome back and glad to hear the Summits survived the wet trek back from Florida.

I'm one of the ones who think the speakers are the best place to start a great stereo system. Feed them well. Lots of clean, high current power and a good dose of your favorite music.

Satch

Thanks guys!

Definitely looking forward to finishing out my 2 channel rig soon, and sitting down for a listen.

Thank you for your service to our country and welcome home. Summits are a very fine speaker, hope you enjoy them for many years to come.

batman, I'm sorry you bought the summits. It took me a while, but If you feel something is lacking, then go for a pair of dynamic speakers.

Hello,

Charlie, Welcome Home and true gratitude for your Service to our Country.
Congrats on your Summits. So glad to hear that they made the trip without rain damage.

It appears Jed is a former Vista Owner who has since decided that ATC's are the Speakers for him. As to why he would choose to urinate on someone else's Parade...

Also, when Someone else has a Speaker with dual 200 Watt ICEPower Amplifiers driving the Woofers, I really do not think they will be lacking in Dynamic Range.

It seems that being asked to use the Search Button has caused him to be disgruntled.
Cheers,
JJ

I've always found the Summits to be incredibly dynamic as well. No they won't do the last 10% or so that a top of the line dynamic speaker will, but as someone who likes a fair amount of pretty heavy music, I was never disappointed listening to headbanger material with the Summits.

The key to getting that is a really good amp!

The Summit is still one of my favorite speakers....

I currently have a pair of Monarchy Audio SE-160 standing by to power these guys as soon as I get the last few components, however I'm planning on making the switch to a pair of Rogue Audio M-150's almost right away.

I'm sure I'll be plenty happy with these speakers. I spent 4 months in the desert researching daily and asking tons of questions.

Back