Passage or sub?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel

Reaction score
Not sure what to do. There is an annoying discontinuity between my front Vantage and my surround speakers.

My diy surround speakers ( 4" seas and planar tweeters) can't reproduce any bass.

Replace my diy inwall surround speakers with Passage.

or

Add a sub to handle the surround speakers bass frequencies.

Last edited:
Hello,
If you are not currently using a Subwoofer, I would add a Subwoofer. You can find a used Depth for between 900-1100 Dollars usually on Audiogon. The "i" Version usually goes for around 12-1500 Dollars, but there is not a huge difference between the original and i Model. Primarily cosmetic and 50 watts more power in the Depth i.

The Grotto is quite nice as well and the Descent is awesome. Especially the Descent i Model which went from a single 400 WPC Amplifier in the Descent to (3) 250 Watt Amplifiers. The Depth and Descent use 3 Woofers (10" Descent/8" Depth) while the Grotto uses a single 10" Woofer. The Woofer in the Grotto is the same as in the Descent. All Models are Servo Controlled and Sealed.
Cheers,
JJ

I will look for a sub ( the passage or it's replacement will have to wait for a few months).

The depth ( i or not) is very tempting and I think it would be a visually great match with my vantage.

The descent is also on my wish list ( but not has WAF friendly as the depth).

There are also the jl audio subs f110 and f112.

A small, powerful, able to go low, and visually appealing sub. That's what I'm looking for.

Back