Question about Stage Center....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dublin25

Reaction score
When watching movies using the Stage - the voices sound.... hollow. To me and my amature ears - it just doesn't sound very good. I am using a Denon 4308ci and Dolby Prologic II and the Mcintosh MC252 bridged for the amp.

Do I have something setup wrong? Is this just what the Stage sounds like?

How would you compare another speak like the B&W HTM2?

TIA

Hi there - do you have Audyssey enabled on your Denon? I have a Stage but when I enabled Audyssey, on my Onkyo, the sound was thin & scratchy. Without Audyssey it is fine, and I believe it's a pretty good centre speaker.

Regards

I do not have it enabled. I have tried Audyssey and you're right - it sounds worse.

I do not have it enabled. I have tried Audyssey and you're right - it sounds worse.

Hola...sometimes the power supply is not connected right, and the stat panel is not working. Can you hear the panel? this is, very close to the panel...if you do not hear it, then check the connection. Also, the plug at the rear of the Stage needs to be pushed all the way in...happy listening,
Roberto.
PHP:

Hola...sometimes the power supply is not connected right, and the stat panel is not working. Can you hear the panel? this is, very close to the panel...if you do not hear it, then check the connection. Also, the plug at the rear of the Stage needs to be pushed all the way in...happy listening,
Roberto.
PHP:

I wondered that, too. Every once in a while I will use my Stage and forget to plug it in! I use it very seldom (hardly ever, in fact) and so don't keep it charged up constantly. It always reminds me when I forget by being hollow sounding.

Something is amiss....a foot....out of whack.

Your Stage is one of the best if not the best center channels you can buy.

Especially if you have ESLs for the other channels. Then the sound should match all your others MLs perfectly.

Check everything twice connection-wise and then shut down the Stage overnight and vacuum the entire panel as described in other threads here at MLC.

Hello,
I too own a Stage and have been quite pleased. I will say, as with all ML's, the SQ is quite predicated on the quality of the Source. Even the differences between TV Channels makes a discernible difference.

Hopefully, it is Brand New and not broken in yet. Otherwise, I would experiment with placement and so forth. If still not happy, perhaps consider the Theater i.

The Theater i is a much physically larger CC. In fact, the Stage is depressingly close in size to the Cinema i. These are both older Models which the Stage and Motif replaced. That being said, thanks to the Xstat Panel and Tweeter Placement, many are quite happy with the Stage.
Cheers,
JJ

Quick question - was it working fine before and is now not? If so, I would not think room acoustics would be at issue. It appears from your 'system' page that this is a year old at this point. Have you made any other changes?

OK - a little embarressed. Didn't follow my cardinal rule (for audio/video and computers)... Follow the path of least resistance... check the CABLES! The power cable wasn't plugged in all the way... Thanks for the help.

Well, you also got a lot of good advice in case anything else goes wrong. :ROFL: Don't fell bad most of us have done that at least once.

OK - a little embarressed. Didn't follow my cardinal rule (for audio/video and computers)... Follow the path of least resistance... check the CABLES! The power cable wasn't plugged in all the way... Thanks for the help.

Glad you found the problem...just a little more to push the connector, right?...I had the same problem and drove me nuts!...happy listening,
Roberto.

Latest posts

Back